Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to correct the first post due to the fact it seemed snobby (braggsih) because I was really excited when I got the news. My apologies everyone.

So I just ordered a cummins oem upper gasket kit and a set of arp 425s. Also a local machine shop said they will resurface the head for $100, and oring for $200-300cnd (is that a good deal or should I look around)?

Doing all of this due to the truck leaking some oil around #1 on the manifold, I'm pretty sure I melted some exhaust valve seals due to the smarty/comp/150s and stock hx35 at 52psi :doh: lol.

Now to the sad depressing part. I have within my grasps a set of BD R850s with all the extra goodies (bearings, coating heat shields/wrap)you name it for $3000cnd with only 10,000km on them!!!! Now I cant afford this but its too good to be true right? But I'm wondering if I will even be able to spool these things with everything in my sig.

I have read everything I've seen on this setup and, some people say they have run a 64mm with 150s and some say it aint gonna lite.

Any ones help is appreciated.
Cheers!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how was the lag? and what programmer were you running with it

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
I would o-ring it for that price.

Reactions: tjfudge

·
Registered
382 Posts
What are the specs on the chargers in the R850? I called Bd when they came out and they wouldn't give me any specs.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
R850s are a 64.5 over a 74.6 = so a Super B Special over a S475.

·
Registered
6,991 Posts
$3000 for BD twins..... not that great of a deal IMO. Unless it is coming with both turbos and everything is in excellent shape. Then it's an ok deal.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya its everything, both turbos, all piping. Its all brand new, still has the new turbo smell lol.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
you wouldn't like them...lag would be ridiculous on your truck.

super b single as the secondary turbo, or the stock hx35w would be ideal

Reactions: tjfudge

·
Registered
248 Posts
A buddy has a Special over a 76 and it ran fine. His new setup will be much bigger....

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Just give it a shot, worse comes to worse if you dont like it I am sure that someone will trade you a super b for your special. That and specials dont lose their value too quickly from what I have seen so if you don't run it much and you hate the set up you can easily get a grand for the special.

Kody

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Just give it a shot, worse comes to worse if you dont like it I am sure that someone will trade you a super b for your special. That and specials dont lose their value too quickly from what I have seen so if you don't run it much and you hate the set up you can easily get a grand for the special.

Kody
X2. Most gated s300's will fit in its place, unless bd does goofy stuff like ATS that I'm not aware of.

You'd be into it over 3k sourcing the parts yourself, so if you have the cash I'd say go for it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

·
Registered
248 Posts
yea but with how much injector?
Hey ran 7x12s, they worked good but he wanted more so he swap a few sets around then ended up with some 6x16s. Then went to some 6x13s then added a monter pump and made 835 with that set up.

Reactions: jlbayes
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.