Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Can I run Revo TNT?

989 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Laser Tech 
#1 ·
Can I run the Revo TNT even on setting 1 without major problems?

#2 ·
Im running TNT on #9, moderate TM, with a little timing and pressure thrown in. Oh, and shift defuel off...Id say if your careful and dont get carried away youd be alright

#4 ·
Main thing is the stock tranny. I still waiting on the Smarty Sr to come in the mail. I keep reading that everyone loves the TNT better than the plain Revo, so I was just wondering if I should try to run it or just stay with the Revo.

#5 ·
I would stick to the lower levels of the std revo if you want the trans to live.The higher torque the smarty makes right out of the hole will overtax the stock trans at the tnt levels :beer

Bob

#6 ·
I would stick to the Revo if it was me-it seems like you can do just about anything you want. I have mine loaded on Catcher2 and modified some of the adjustments and it seems night and day better than the Old smarty software and more than strong enough to over power the stock tranny:peelout I would hate to see what the TNT would due to a stock tranny:popcorn:

#7 ·
i have stock auto trans and have the TNT. while i wait for my trans i have it on set on 1 mild torque, timing 2, and RP 2. it feels about the same as the 90 horse setting on the old version... alittle more power but its alot smoother!

#10 ·
It seems to me the Revo software has more mid and top end than my old software did even on the lower catcher levels.....If you have a new trans coming then I wouldnt even worry about it, go for broke:woot:

my stock tranny is doing fine. i haul about 12000lb almost everyday and im a 18 year old kid so i have a heavy foot! i guess it just a matter how brave you are.
I only have 13k on my 06' and my auto doesnt like the smarty loaded on the high levels it seems, I wish I had a Valve Body and Billet Torque Convertor:$:

#9 ·
my stock tranny is doing fine. i haul about 12000lb almost everyday and im a 18 year old kid so i have a heavy foot! i guess it just a matter how brave you are.

#11 ·
I am running TNT on level 6 with time-2 ,R.P -2 , Defuel -on, torque-2,

You Definately need to have gauges!Pyro shoots up high in 3rd gear! And be careful taking off quick and 2nd and 3rd gear, feather throttle. Gus (farmboydiesel.com) is going through tranny soon, so not to big of deal for me but I want to play in meantime.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.