Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this posted in the Alberta section aswell but I think it will get seen more here.

My boss has another set of 37's lying around that are brand new that he will give me for $60 a tire. I will have to go buy the 20 inch rim.

Do you think I could run them on a stock suspension??

Had them sittng by the truck today and they looked like they would fit in the rear but front might need a level.

Or do you think I need a level?? or lift/level??

Down the road planning a 4 inch lift in front and 2 in rear but if I need it to get the tires on it might come sooner.

Thanks

· Registered
1,316 Posts
I don't think they will fit without at a minimum a kit that has longer control arms. They will rub BAD on the rear of the front fenders. Choosing the backspacing is important to run even 35's with a level kit, with 37's it will be somewhat critical unless you are going for a big lift.

I've seen some folks claim to sneak 37's onto 3rd gen trucks with minimal lift, and OE backspaced tires, but I don't think you can get away with it at all with 2nd gens.

· Registered
85 Posts
when i had full tread on my tires i had a tiny little bit of rubbing with 37's and a 5.5" lift. your definately gonna have to get the truck lifted to fit em.or do a hell of a lotta fender trimming.

· Future Fly Boy!
2,228 Posts
a third gen guy fit some 37's w/ no level...there is a huge thread on it...go check that out...id say unless you plan on at least leveling (w/ some cutting) or a lift in the VERY near future, id shy away...correct backspacing will be key, and this is all assuming there are 12.5" wide...anymore and it's a no-go...width is the major killer...

· Registered
289 Posts
I will drive to cow town to buy them from you (if that will get you out of a pickel)
I am only 4 hours from there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.