Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of doing a 8in long arm kit and want to fit 40s will they rub and if so what size lift would I need to fit 40s

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
We've had customers do that, but we've never tested 40s on 8" to see if there would be an issue. Here's one customer who did that though to give you an idea of how it would look...

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wrong yr mine is body style before that one 2005- 2009 body style do u got any pics of them yrs with 8in and 40s

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Looking for that exact year range for you. Just wanted to give you an idea of that height lift w/ that height tire, even though the body styles are slightly different.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd def like to see my yr range with that setup and what r u normally running on the 8in kits

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts
With 8" of lift and 40's even if everything cleared up front you would rub the front of the rear wheelwell pretty bad. The 4th gens have larger rear wheelwells so it would be less of a problem on a 2010+ truck. I would suggest 10"+ for most 40's.

·
Registered
38 Posts
On my 06 Mega I had the Pure Performance longarm with Topgun 8" springs with 40-13.50-17 Goodyear MTRs.17"x9" KMC(dont recall backspacing).I used the Glassworks fenders and bedsides and finessed the pinch weld with a hammer.Only a slight rub on the lower control arm.Had 4.56 gears 5.13 would have been better.Also large tires and torque=spring wrap,so traction bars are a good idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.