Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have this installed in my 98 24 valve 2500 4x4 amd wondering if it could be ruining my mpg ? and what it is even for or if its a good idea to keep in as it supposed to regulate the fuel from what ive read on it.
thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a Bully Dog product... I have one too... it is supposed to add 50 or so hp....
do you keep it in your truck all the time ? do you notice yoyr gas mileage is pretty bad as well as me ? im wondering if this chip is the cause.
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok sounds good. did youres come installed as well ? and if so how is your mpg ? as ive not tried taking it out yet as im not sure if you can just pull it or not

·
Registered
7 Posts
"Thats a great tow box man! I was running it on my truck for awhile! Just a timing box with slight fueling! I would keep it and run it with a TST and you would have a solid set-up!...:thumbsup"

This is what 'THEGreengoat' said on this forum awhile ago... I just bought the truck and I feel like it could use a fuel pump, so I am gonna let it sit for awhile... I think it is just a 'plug and play' box, I imagine you could disconnect it to see the differences..you would have to plug the main controller back in, of course.... AFAIK it adds 50-60hp....but don't quote me on that!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"Thats a great tow box man! I was running it on my truck for awhile! Just a timing box with slight fueling! I would keep it and run it with a TST and you would have a solid set-up!...:thumbsup"

This is what 'THEGreengoat' said on this forum awhile ago... I just bought the truck and I feel like it could use a fuel pump, so I am gonna let it sit for awhile... I think it is just a 'plug and play' box, I imagine you could disconnect it to see the differences..you would have to plug the main controller back in, of course.... AFAIK it adds 50-60hp....but don't quote me on that!
oh ok I see. so maybe its good for the fuel pump keeping it in. how does your mpg seem as you have it in as well ?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so Mark what kind of mpg you getting with that can bus chip we both have ? and do you notice it makes boost happed faster than other diesels you have had ? stil trying to get some ideas on my 13mpg and how to help it.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
you probably wont see better mileage until spring....temps are starting to drop.

cold air doesn't help mileage, and neither does the winter fuels

Reactions: Mopar1973Man

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,034 Posts
Here comes that cold air intake issue again. For those that don't have a way to monitor IAT temps just take the outside temperature and add +40*F. So if its 60*F then add +40*F should give you 100*F. This is a rough rule of thumb numbers. With a Winter front cover the grills change the offset to +50*F. This winter I'm going to experiment with 200*F thermostat. I'm very very cable of holding low 20's and high teens MPG's all winter long with weather as cold as -25*F.

Winter fuel tend to go up in cetane to aid in cold starting ability but as cetane rises the BTU's fall. Light green is winterized fuels and dark green is summer fuels. Where the 2 of the same color cross is the cetane number. Dark green is roughly 42-43 cetane and light green is roughly 53-54 cetane. But notice the BTU difference.

The only time I get close to your MPG number is when I'm hitch up to this.

That's the kind of drag you got going on... That RV scaled out at 8,020 pound this last spring. (17,000# gross combine weight).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.