Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Can bus error on Smarty

1395 Views 11 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  prerunner
Went to return the truck to stock so could go from the 10ME to the 8ME. When i tried to return the truck to stock it gave me a can bus error on the Smarty.
I tried it again and everything went ok!
Any reason for this happening???? Is it just something that happens on occasion or should i be getting it looked at??
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Reconnaissance Expert
1,718 Posts
the obdII plug might not have been seated all the way or had a good connection. Mine has done it a few times with the smarty and my powerpup.

· Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I returned to stock because i was going back in programs. Wanted to make sure it worked ok!!!
My issue is i got the error while trying to return her to stock!!!! Just want to make sure everything is ok.

· In Memoriam
3,718 Posts
You don't have to return to stock to go backwards either. I have gone from 10 to 8 and9 to 7 and 10 to 7 without ever returning to stock condition. Not needed. :) :)

· Registered
740 Posts
So if youre useing the S67ME version 8 and want to go to 10. Just download the 10 version to the Smarty and load into youre truck and everything is OK????:confused013::confused013:

· Registered
1,054 Posts
So if youre useing the S67ME version 8 and want to go to 10. Just download the 10 version to the Smarty and load into youre truck and everything is OK????:confused013::confused013:
Yep move programs all you want no need to return to stock. Promise! :headbang:

· Premium Member
983 Posts
Went to return the truck to stock so could go from the 10ME to the 8ME. When i tried to return the truck to stock it gave me a can bus error on the Smarty.
I tried it again and everything went ok!
Any reason for this happening???? Is it just something that happens on occasion or should i be getting it looked at??
because your door was open. if you close it and do it again it wont give you that error:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.