Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought my truck over a year ago, and my right front tire has been wearing on the inside. i know this is a camber issue and ive been putting it off my truck was in a prior accident before i bought my truck. lifted the front end checked for ball joint play.... nothing, anyone have this problem before? and is the easiest way to fix it is just a new axle?

· Registered
242 Posts
take it to an alignment shop to verify its a bad axle before you spend the dough. could just be out of alignment.

· Registered
836 Posts
take it to an alignment shop, if camber is out of spec there are offset balljoints available to fix any camber/caster issues you may have.

· Registered
453 Posts
How did you check ball joints? Sometimes grabbing the wheels on a truck with a 5000 pound front end doesnt do much. I would jack just the one side up and put a long bar under the wheel and try rocking back and forth. If no play then you need an alignment and will probably have to have an eccentric upper ball joint installed. I am a professional in the alignment field and keep those big semi's going straight. Chances of that axle actually being bent and causing a camber issue is very slim. Most axles i see that are bent from an accident have toe issues. Its possible you could have a loose wheel bearing as well, sometimes they can be hard to detect until they blow up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.