Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my acutator, but noticed the fork does not slide very easily. 4x4 engaged properly, but when I went to disengage, the light stayed on. How easily should the fork slide from 4wd to 2wd? On the bench, I had to put about 1/2 my body weight on it to extend and retract the fork when I had put everything back togehter.

Thanks

·
Registered
550 Posts
wow, i could move it with just a few fingers on mine, or if i had a hose hooked to it just a little presure or suction would move it easily.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure I'll be takin' it back off tomorrow. I must have left some burrs in the switch side when I was pounding the old one out. I'll try to switch the vac lines first to make sure I don't just have weak vacuum.

·
Registered
550 Posts
my CAD shaft was bent :O so it was binding nomatter what. got a new CAD diaphram piece and it was fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You have to be very careful not to marr the internal protruding portion of the shaft when removing the "e" clip. This will marr the housing and it is hard enough to pull it out just from an old dried out "o" ring without making burrs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts