Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went the other route and instead of removing my glove box, cutting out the entrance for the air filter I instead purchased the exterior filter sold by Geno's, Part Number CFF-DG-19009K.

The initial cost is $59 but replacement filters are only $16 (P/N CFF-DG-19009R). AND according to the included instructions, you can wash these filters several times before you need to replace them.

The filter spec's claim to remove 97% of all diesel soot dust and dirt and reduce odors by 76%.

Most importantly, they install in less than 10 minutes.

I am glad I went this route, cheaper in the long run and less of a hassle to install or replace filter. IMHO.....

·
Registered
818 Posts
I went the other route and instead of removing my glove box, cutting out the entrance for the air filter I instead purchased the exterior filter sold by Geno's, Part Number CFF-DG-19009K.

The initial cost is $59 but replacement filters are only $16 (P/N CFF-DG-19009R). AND according to the included instructions, you can wash these filters several times before you need to replace them.

The filter spec's claim to remove 97% of all diesel soot dust and dirt and reduce odors by 76%.

Most importantly, they install in less than 10 minutes.

I am glad I went this route, cheaper in the long run and less of a hassle to install or replace filter. IMHO.....
Not sure . . . once the in-dash is installed, it's a few minutes and no tools to change (at least on my 2011):

1 - Pull tab to release glove box and remove.
2 - Unsnap filter cover
3 - Pull out old filter
4 - Insert new filter
5 - Snap filter cover back on
6 - Put glove box on hinges, and close while reengaging tab.

And one of the nice things about the in dash is that it will be far less likely to collect crap and/or get wet and grow mold, mildew, or whatever.

- Tim

·
Go for Broke
6,694 Posts
i would like to see this style also

·
Go for Broke
6,694 Posts
I wonder if that style would get wet from rain and snow ?

·
Registered
772 Posts
That's kind of how they mount for our mustang. You take a cowl piece off under the hood and replace from under there. It doesn't seem to catch any of the elements.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
The "exterior" filter is under the hood, you don't see it from the outside of the vehicle.

It is completely protected from the outside elements.
Looks like a nice set up..thanks for the information

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Wonder how they would work together. Kinda like having 2 fuel filters?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts