Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck didn't come with clearance lights and I bought some smoked cab lights. My problem is that I don't have a template. Does anyone have a template?? or know how to make one!!!

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
From my foggy memory I believe if you take down the head liner it the metal is marked for the lights.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From my foggy memory I believe if you take down the head liner it the metal is marked for the lights.
seriously they are already marked??? and if you don't have lights already is the wiring harness alredy there for them???

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
seriously they are already marked??? and if you don't have lights already is the wiring harness alredy there for them???
I remember reading the article in TDR issue 76. Don't remember if it was 4th gen or not check it out. It would be worth it to drop the headliner and look.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok that sounds good tomorrows task is this lol!!! I will report back!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
You can't take the headliner out........unless you take the windshield out!!!:doh:

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why is that I thought you can just peel it down!!!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Why is that I thought you can just peel it down!!!
That's the way they are designed.....:rof Somewhere on here there is some info about it.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hemisphere2 Do you know if they are already pre marked??? I mean if they were pre marked why would the factory cab lights come with a template!!!

·
12V ADDICT!
3,481 Posts
I installed cab lights on mine and it was not pre marked for them. I got mine through Mopar ( the exact ones that come on the 3500 and up duallies) and it came with a template.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Hemisphere2 Do you know if they are already pre marked??? I mean if they were pre marked why would the factory cab lights come with a template!!!
I have no idea.

I installed cab lights on mine and it was not pre marked for them. I got mine through Mopar ( the exact ones that come on the 3500 and up duallies) and it came with a template.
Did you take the headliner out?

·
12V ADDICT!
3,481 Posts
didnt take it all the way out. Just dropped the front down to get enough room. all that involved in that is pulling out the a pillars and b pillars and let it lay dwn on the front seat headrests. Thats what I did. Gave me plenty of room

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
didnt take it all the way out. Just dropped the front down to get enough room. all that involved in that is pulling out the a pillars and b pillars and let it lay dwn on the front seat headrests. Thats what I did. Gave me plenty of room
Ok my bad,:doh: I thought they were to rigid to do that.

·
Toyota and Cummins Nut!
1,391 Posts
My experience, get the OE light kit. I first bought a set or recons, too cheap, and chinese junk looking. Got the OE kit, first class lamps, extremely durable, first class instructions and includes the template. Cab is not pre marked.

·
Toyota and Cummins Nut!
1,391 Posts
I did the same. Get stepped drills capable of drilling 1/4" and a 7/8" hole. If you do the cheese recons, just need a 1/8" drill and a 7/8" drill. Step drills make perfect round holes, not triangle holes like a drill bit can do on sheet metal.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
It appears the article I was thinking about was on a 2nd gen. I agree with stepped bits, way better.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you can't get smoked lights from mopar can you??

·
Toyota and Cummins Nut!
1,391 Posts
you can't get smoked lights from mopar can you??
No, but the white ones can be smoked I guess. If you like amber, the same lense was used on 09 model, just amber.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I might still have my template laying around the shop I will look and see. If I do I can mail it to you. They where really easy to install i used the step bit, hardest part was drilling holes in a perfectly good cab!!!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.