Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Cab lights?

874 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  little john 
#1 ·
I don't have cab lights on my truck and there are no holes or anything to mount them and I was wondering if it was still possible to mount cab lights and tie them into my light switch and not have to drill anything or what all would it take cause I love how they look.

Thanks,
Ted

#2 ·
Im pretty sure ur gonna have to drill holes. Unless u want wires on ur roof. But someone else will chime in. Im wanting to put some on my truck also.

#3 ·
yes u gotta drill holes. its a scary thought but several people on here have done it that say they have minimal skiills in the department. ill be doing it soon as well but im confident about it. look at it this way u can lay them out anyway that u want to!!

#4 ·
cab lights

You'll have to drop the head liner, The cab light hole locations are all ready in the cab under the head liner. Remember to drill a hole small enough for your rubber grommet,so the wire doen't rub on the metal. Run your wire down the left pillar and out to a side marker light for your power, if you hook into the swith you might take a chance of shorting out your switch. Apply a little silicone around your gommet to prevent water leakage. We did a freinds in one evening, about 2 hours.. Good luck.... Don't forget to plan your work , then work your plan.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.