Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the flashes for the C/C the same as the pickups?

I have to go to the dealer tomorrow to get my e-brake enabled w starscan. I heard the AX is a good flash, is it available for the C/C?

·
Registered
667 Posts
The only reflash out for the C/C trucks is the AU. The AX reflash is for the regular trucks only. If you have the AO flash, KEEP IT! Everyone that has got the AU reflash has lost MPG that I know of.

·
Registered
12 Posts
side note; are the flashes applied to all trucks or just the autos?

reason i ask is most of the posts i read are from those with autos and my 07 c&c was recently in for a defective mainshaft bearing and didnt get a reflash; as far as i can tell they do it by default???

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
The c/c designated d1 by dodge

07 auto 235ax
07 man 230ax

08 auto ap
08 man ao

You need to use a scanner to read the current #

Bob

·
Registered
153 Posts
The only reflash out for the C/C trucks is the AU. The AX reflash is for the regular trucks only. If you have the AO flash, KEEP IT! Everyone that has got the AU reflash has lost MPG that I know of.
I agree stay with the AO .I got the AU and lost 2 mph.plus when it now goes in regon I come to a stop and the idle stays at 1100 rpm for about 4 seconds then it will drop to an idle

·
Registered
667 Posts
The c/c designated d1 by dodge

07 auto 235ax
07 man 230ax

08 auto ap
08 man ao

You need to use a scanner to read the current #

Bob
I will have to disagree with you that D1 stands for C/C.

I got a chance to play with the Starscan at my dealer.

We looked at the reflash codes and their part #/description and this is what we found.

52300230AU DC Manual
52300234AU DC Auto

55350230AX DH Manual
55350235AX DH Auto

55351230AX D1 Manual
55351235AX D1 Auto

DC is for 3500-5500 C/C trucks
DH is for 2500 trucks
D1 is for 3500 trucks

The AX should not work on a C/C.
The tech said he would reflash it to AX for me but if something happened it was my baby.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts