Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
a look into the dpf viewing the egt sensor. BTW... this is one clean pipe after 37k mi.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here is my downpipe. I plan to dissect/ investigate this exhaust system while waiting on the code free... Anyone have any pics of removed dpfs or downpipes?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have mine pretty much rigged up like a hillbilly lol, i just pulled off the dpf and looped a little piece of wire in the sensor plugs, went and bout some flex pipe close by, welded a flange to it bolted it up and clamped it, and tied some long pieces of wire to hold it up since it doesnt have those bung deals or whatever, and of course its not code free.. but it works great and have had 0 problems with it since i put it on. I wish i had a picture but i dont sry man.:beer

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How's the mileage and how do you clear the codes?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I dont clear the codes lol, the lights always on. Mileage is excellent, around 15.5 depends how i drive, im usually romping on it and driving fast, and highway overhead says about 22 but im sure im getting around 19 20 tops at about 70mph to 80mph. Not hand calculated just an estimate which is pretty on id say. It usually has about 4 codes or 5 somewhere round there all the time. I think i have about 5000 6000 miles on the TBE, no problems either.

·
Registered
35 Posts
do the programmers and exhaust on the regular trucks work on the cc trucks?

·
Registered
187 Posts
No, because the computers are programmed different, for instance, you cant go and buy a dpf delete for the regular pickup and put it on the C&C, you have to get a C&C dpf delete, and programmers, theres a few that work on both and im not sure which ones they are except the bullydog because thats what im running right now. I think, but NOT sure, that the TS MP8 works too on the C&C.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what do you do with the pressure lines? no resistors needed?

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
If you get the cat full message the pressure sensor has 3 wires

Brown/violet- apps no2 return

Brown/white- soot delta pressure sensor signal
Violet/brown- 5v supply

hook a 5k potentiometer to the Brown/white wire and to the Violet/Brown wire

C&C
set it at 3.5v and it will count down till it says system ok

Regular trucks
set it at 3.9v atleast its what made another member on heres truck happy so its a good starting point

·
Registered
30 Posts
Where do you get a potentiometer? I got the cat full message on my regular truck. would that get rid of the cat full message?

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Where do you get a potentiometer? I got the cat full message on my regular truck. would that get rid of the cat full message?
I got mine at radio shack and it should it did on another guys truck he sent me a email so im not sure who it was

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
what did you do with the metal lines?
took them off and added them to the pile of stuff i have taken off once you get rid of the dpf you dont need them

·
Registered
187 Posts
Lol i should take mine off too, i have just had them tied up with some wire to the pipe.:butt:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
earlier tonight I removed my dpf for a short while, took off all sensors, remove dpf, loop the sensor plugs, ran it for about 20 miles. . ..WOW, different truck. It was hard to tell the throttle response with all the cab noise having nothing from the dpf back. Not alot of difference in a clean filter and no filter with mpgs except for the 19.0 @ 75mph!!!, but now without going into regen it will stay around 18-19. Purchased (3) 5k potentiometers, but did not use do to my knowledge restrictions, lol. System OK the whole time, eventually I think it will throw codes. I hooked the dpf back up cuz I have no replacement pipe yet, I plan to run a stack out the bed.

100% satisfied in my purchase of a 6.7 Dodge Ram 3500 cab & chassis...oh yeah, the Aisin likes the filter gone too.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks a bunch, wow I think I've only got around $80 in the delete kit! Glad I got a c&c!

·
Registered
187 Posts
haha yea i was so happy that the c&c is easy to mess with, i ended putting about the same amount into my dpf delete also, lmao!:rof

·
Registered
262 Posts
Does this work on a regular truck (2500), not a C&C?? Poindexter posted something about that but I was unsure. Do you guys get any codes from the use of a potentiometer? Real interested on doing this if it works. Thanks for any help. Ryan:thumbsup

1 - 19 of 19 Posts