Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, My truck is ready for smog again. Last time i had to remove my Outlook monitor to get it to pass. This time i have deleted my muffler but still have the resonator. The resonator should pass i hope because it is a muffler, but i'm not sure what they will say. I will put my programming back to stock but don't want to remove the outlook equipment again.

Does anyone have someone that they use that has been fair? i am in the Pleasanton Area.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Im in so cal with the same year and have an aftermarket muffler. They pass it no issues. I pull the smarty and take it in.

·
Registered
90 Posts
No muffler may be an issue. Does it look like it has one? They do a visual before anything else and if something looks like its missing they can fail it. They may get lazy and not look under it but if its just not there it could be an issue.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I used to live on the central coast and there were a few guys i went to, none of them gave me a had time, once i even just took my exhaust off about half way through and stuffed the cat on the end and they passed me no problem,he said all they need to do is see a cat but it a bit of a drive from plesinton

·
Registered
213 Posts
Honestly depends on where you go to get it smogged.

Some shops are more thorough than others.

Some have no idea what they're looking at and will pass you easily.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
don't volunteer up that you have "just" a resonator.
If they can' tfigure it out tough.
Besides, technically the muffler and/or resonator (or lack of either) is not emissions equipment.
as a last resort.........move East!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts