Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Done some driving this weekend without the DPF. Before I was showing 16.4 on the overhead. Now, without the DPF I'm showing 18.8. I'm going to fill back up in the morning and hand calculate it. Can't wait to take off the EGR. :hyper:

·
Registered
187 Posts
How many miles do you have on your truck?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yea, I have 21000 and id say 60% 70% trailer behind it also, my mileage keeps gettin better and better the more mileage you put on, I can hit about almost 20mpg empty highway of course.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I recall on highway about 17 or so, i honestly cant remember, I rigged up my dpf delete along time ago, where are you ordering your blockoff plates from?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Oh yea I almost forgot, note that this is overhead readings NOT hand calculated.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I purchased them from Keven @ K2Diesel Performance. He is always in this section and will respond to pm's as soon as he can. :thumbsup

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks man, ill send him a pm here sometime soon.

·
Registered
867 Posts
perk......mines 13 empty with flatdeck /stock :O(

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
This is exciting to hear! I am getting 16-18 mpg empty and I have 434 miles on mine... If the DPF delete really does that well I am yanking mine off ASAP!

·
Registered
40 Posts
you guys are lucky, my 08 Bullet only get 10.5mpg empty around town, best ever is 13.8 on the praires at 100kph. getting very frustrated with it

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
you guys are lucky, my 08 Bullet only get 10.5mpg empty around town, best ever is 13.8 on the praires at 100kph. getting very frustrated with it
My fuel economy is almost the same.
Dont get too frustrated, my 6.7 5500 gets an easy 30% better fuel economy than my 6.4 550. Both trucks are within 100 pounds of each other, have the same gear ratio and same winchbed setup.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My fuel economy is almost the same.
Dont get too frustrated, my 6.7 5500 gets an easy 30% better fuel economy than my 6.4 550. Both trucks are within 100 pounds of each other, have the same gear ratio and same winchbed setup.
ya but, i retired my big block dodge so i could be more efficiant, (not spelling) now my gas pot looks pretty good again:$:

·
Registered
44 Posts
yeah, same too. I got a 08 5500 4x4. it gets best hand calc. 12.5 mpg, worst is 8 mpg.:thud: without dpf w/pot. The gearing is too low IMO

·
Registered
40 Posts
is it me? or ? are the canadian trucks on here getting less mpg than usa trucks???

or just different math?/gallons?

·
Registered
44 Posts
yeah! I wondered that myself! Anyone else too?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts