Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

bye bye headgasket

1544 Views 20 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  ramdog
well i did finally blow my gasket for sure this time its not the radiator cap i was running sw5,tq4,tm2,rp,3 mp8 75% when it popped :doh:
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,917 Posts
Yuck. I hate to hear that. I hope you get it running soon. Pull that MP8 off when the trucks back up and running. Don't stack these big programmers. They are a stand alone unit.

· Registered
613 Posts
Coolant Surge Measures

Sorry to hear that.

· Registered
1,592 Posts
Hate to hear it bud time for studs eh

· Registered
656 Posts
I'm just babying mine now and leaving the Smarty off so I don't give my engine bay a bath again.
maybe you could soap it down first next time and the coolant will do the rest lol just kiddin.

· Registered
1,917 Posts
sorry to hear that, I think James at RSD has a deal going on ARP head studs.

· Unreconstructed
24,962 Posts
I'm gonna have to jump him about that...LOL

He never told me anything about a deal on ARP studs!

I would go ahead and get the 625's over the 425's...but that's just b/c I want to make big power.

· Registered
87 Posts
Phuzion Gaskets Check these out :thumbsup: The article I originally read stated that they had tested them up to 80psi of boost. If I remember right. They thought it would hold more, but no one wanted to go higher than that. Can't imagine why?

· Registered
221 Posts
Is anybody burnin' down head gaskets running just the Smarty? We all know the MP-8 is a disaster with the Smarty, but is the Smarty doing this by itself as well?

· Registered
1,054 Posts
Is anybody burnin' down head gaskets running just the Smarty? We all know the MP-8 is a disaster with the Smarty, but is the Smarty doing this by itself as well?

So far it has only been things stacked with the Smarty. Which is in the instructions not to stack anything.

· Smells like Bananas
9,086 Posts
My cost was, 920 for Studs, 100 for gasket, 110 to overnight, 700 labor and other misc crap he did.

My cause was unplugging the turbo speed sensor, tooooooo much back pressure

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.