Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blown 600 cummins. Bone stock, 210,000k. Never towed more than 11000k, and to top it off i only did that a dozen times. Why me. $13500 to replace it. 1 more for the junk Yard. Selling truck out for parts.. :$::CRY:

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
what wne twrong? and i really hate to hear that......

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Where are you at? Did the truck have 3.73's with a limited slip rear???

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dodge dealer said major internal failure. Over the past 3 weeks it started drinking oil, in the tune of a quart every150-200 miles no leaks, no noticeable oil from exhaust, very little blowby. Chrysler corp said this was the 213 incident since the 24v came out. i'm baffled. I have a 92 with 1,000,000 k on it and never been inside the motor.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Very sorry to hear that....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh well 09's will be hitting soon....:$::$::$:

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Dodge dealer said major internal failure. Over the past 3 weeks it started drinking oil, in the tune of a quart every150-200 miles no leaks, no noticeable oil from exhaust, very little blowby. Chrysler corp said this was the 213 incident since the 24v came out. i'm baffled. I have a 92 with 1,000,000 k on it and never been inside the motor.
Sucks to hear that. Was woundering how that 92 starts and runs. I heard of alot people getting up pretty high in mileage like but never had the chance to ask them how it starts and runs.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Sucks to hear that. Was woundering how that 92 starts and runs. I heard of alot people getting up pretty high in mileage like but never had the chance to ask them how it starts and runs.
First gens have this nasty habit of starting on the first revoluton. :woot:

Seriously, VE-Cummins start better than anything out there. Even unhealthy ones.

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts

Seriously, VE-Cummins start better than anything out there. Even unhealthy ones.
man that is one bad habit.:lol3:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Doesn't even take a full crank to start. Awsome

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Just drove my 92 2500 miles with 30' goose neck loaded 14,000 @ 20MPG...Looks like crap runs like new:T:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Drive them like you stole them because you never know what may happen.

·
Registered
249 Posts
yeah you gotta love the insta-start on the first gens! even when its cold out too!

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,459 Posts
sent you a couple PMs dude. I feel for you, having to be one of those 213 unlucky ones can't be a good feeling.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
even at 30 degf, just bump the key, and shes runnin!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts