Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Replace your pcv filter.
6.7 replaces pcv with ccv filter. reccomended change is 67k miles on a 6.7 but my started to leak at 60k. Your filter gets clogged and cant let the egt to release so you get excess blowout around the oil cap. part is like 20 bucks on a 5.9 and 6.7 goes for 70 bucks i think. 5 minute labor job either engine.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
After less than 40k miles?
Mine was weird in a way too. I installed my bypass kit, began using synthetic oil for the first time. Then i go on a trip and I notice it leaking. Just like you explained. I was leaving oil spots all over the ground. It was prolly actually 55k when mine started leaking. It just took me 6000 miles to figure it out. Just go get you a filter and some brake cleaner. Switch it out, clean her up and go for a drive. U should know within a couple hundo miles if its starting to leak again. And if it still leaks, u bring it to the dealership for warrenty.

Ahhh, another funny story. I brought mine into the dealer for 4 new tires and to replace my ccv filter.

They told me that my ccv filter was taking off and straight piped so my warrenty was void. also that the bypass kit voided my warrenty also. then tried charging me 220 per tire for stock generals stating that this price is cheap compared to other stores. lol

I WAS PAYING TO HAVE THEM REPLACE MY CCV. OMG, dealers are the devil and are dumber then forest gump. Im never going to that dealer again. especially for thinking that the ccv is on the exhaust.
and that the bypass kit will hurt the motor. WOWWWWWW:lol3:

·
Registered
6,647 Posts
Mine was weird in a way too. I installed my bypass kit, began using synthetic oil for the first time. Then i go on a trip and I notice it leaking. Just like you explained. I was leaving oil spots all over the ground. It was prolly actually 55k when mine started leaking. It just took me 6000 miles to figure it out. Just go get you a filter and some brake cleaner. Switch it out, clean her up and go for a drive. U should know within a couple hundo miles if its starting to leak again. And if it still leaks, u bring it to the dealership for warrenty.

Ahhh, another funny story. I brought mine into the dealer for 4 new tires and to replace my ccv filter.

They told me that my ccv filter was taking off and straight piped so my warrenty was void. also that the bypass kit voided my warrenty also. then tried charging me 220 per tire for stock generals stating that this price is cheap compared to other stores. lol

I WAS PAYING TO HAVE THEM REPLACE MY CCV. OMG, dealers are the devil and are dumber then forest gump. Im never going to that dealer again. especially for thinking that the ccv is on the exhaust.
and that the bypass kit will hurt the motor. WOWWWWWW:lol3:
Stupid is as stupid does going to the dealer for tires or any other minor repairs my mother always said.:rof:rof:rof

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Aint that the truth. I just had my brake pads replaced front and rear. Had my wife call up a couple dealers. Avg price was 340 per axle. OMG 800 dollars for a brake job. So i just went to the dealer and bought the oem pads for 55 bucks a box. 110 bucks is cheaper then 800. talk about A RIP OFF. where do you come up with 700 dollars labor????? for a hour job!! I need to open me up a dealership and charge 700 bucks an hour. id be freaking rich with all the yuppies who actually pay that. I dont care if you drive a toyota tercel, a dodge 1500 or 5500. all brake jobs are done the same way. only difference is pads for a tercel are 15 bucks, 1500 is 20 bucks, 3500 is 55 bucks, and 5500 65 bucks.

geesshhh

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
My dad has this happening to him as well. He compared my cap to his and his is missing threads, bad machining, he is working with amsoil for a replacment.

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
When you tighten the oil cap does it go until tight?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts