Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allstargear.com Has anyone bought a transmission from these guys. The price is very low (1900) and they don't want a core any advice would be awesome thanks

·
Registered
477 Posts
Allstategear.com?

BJ

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
I got my rebuild kit from them. I haven’t gotten around to the actual rebuild kit, but it all looks like pretty good quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,249 Posts
"This unit is normally purchased for use in Jeeps" That means it is the light duty version of the NV4500. Assuming you are putting it behind a Cummins? It wouldn't last long.

Additionally, New Venture went out of business over a decade ago. There are no "new" ones anywhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh wow. I didn't see the part about jeeps. I feel like ATS and poweredriven diesel are asking alot. Where else do you guys think is a good option to look.?

·
Registered
17,249 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Oh wow. I didn't see the part about jeeps. I feel like ATS and poweredriven diesel are asking alot. Where else do you guys think is a good option to look.?
Powertrain parts are expensive for these trucks. If you find cheap and dependable, let me know. I've got $6k into my 47RE and it was built by a local shop, my tranny would have been around $9k from one of the "known" tranny shops. As a comparison, my full-tilt boogie Z06 tranny in my Corvette was $1800 with the clutch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts