Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, hoping to get some feedback on this truck. I’ve been searching for an 02 SB 4x4 5.9 manual.
Found one with 137k miles. One owner, always serviced at dealership and just traded in to same dealer.
The good: One owner, clean Carfax, good miles, exactly the spec I want. Looks super clean in and out, all original, no mods. New tires, brakes. Dealer is replacing the windshield. Has a color matched cap that I can sell later.
The bad: both front doors are beginning to rust at the bottom edges, and the undercarriage has some surface rust. Also has a 5th wheel setup.
The dealer is unwilling to negotiate on the $17k price but is being good about making sure all open issues are taken care of.

My main question is how bad is this rust? Most of these I’ve seen have little to none but are asking $20k plus. This one is excellent mechanically, but needs some love in terms of dealing with the effect of some salty road use.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
19,171 Posts
PS a dealer selling that truck will make a "10 pounder" on you at 17k. That is $10,000 profit. Probably paid 5k for it. Look for better on Craig's list or Autotrader.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
**** that is not worth it I got mine for 16k in 2011 with 1 Owner 0 Rust and 186k Miles all original parts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. I hired a company called On-Site Inspections to look at it. They gave a detailed report and tons of pictures, which really showed how bad the undercarriage was. I tried to get the dealer to drop the price, but he won’t budge. I said good luck. Not the right truck for me.

·
Registered
19,171 Posts
smart.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I know you passed on it, but the under carriage looks super clean IMO, especially considering the doors are rusting.
PS it was also re-painted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts