Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was lookin to buy a 06 or 07 wit a 5.9 and i found an 07.5 with the 6.7 that i really like im just a little skeptical about the 6.7. im just wonderin if the 07.5 has a dpf and what are some common problems with it. thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes the 07.5 has a dpf. Most of the problems related with the dpf have been resolved by updates to the trucks computer. Some people still have problems with the truck not going into regen. I have an 08 with 40k on it, and have not had a single problem with the emissions equipment or anything else for that matter. Most people on here would recommend deleting the dpf and egr. I agree. I have not done it to my truck yet, but hopefully I will be able to do it in the very near future. Deleting the emissions is pretty simple. You can do it a couple of different ways, just search these forums and you will find all the info you could possibly need. The advantages to deleting are that you stop soot from being pumped back into you engine, most usually see a fuel mileage increase from 2 to 5 mpg, and of course the added power. The biggest problem with the 6.7 is the emission equipment, so by deleting it the engine is very reliable, and should last a long time. Others like myself have had good luck with the emissions still on the truck, and some have had problems. Before you buy the truck you should look at the carfax, and ask the dealer if the truck has been in for any major problems. I think very highly of the 6.7, and would recommend it to anyone. If you buy it, you won't regret it. If you decide to do the deletes, you will be even happier. You will also love the exhaust brake! I couldn't imagine not having one now. Just use the search button and do some research so that your familiar with the 6.7, and will be able to make educated decisions upon you purchase. I hope this helps answer some of your questions.

-Greg

·
Registered
26 Posts
All 6.7's have the DPF, look underneath you wont miss it. If you think it is an issue, just delete it, :shock:

I would only have the 6.7, the engine brake alone is worth it. Spend a little (or alot) of time reading on here, you will learn alot. I don't think you should worry.

Do what you think is best, live with the decision, spend $$ on making it better!!:thumbsup:

Good luck, and welcome to the 6.7 crowd.

Mike

Just a little late. :agree2::agree2: with the above post.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I went from a 5.9 to the 6.7 and there are pros and cons to both. My 5.9 made much better mpg's. The 6.7 EB is awesome and like firefghtr said it is definitely worth it. the 6.7 seems to be a little more expensive to modify as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input guys. i test drove the truck today and i fell in love with it haha. its a 09 with 12k on it. dealership wants 40 but my cousin is the salesman and said hed sell it for 35. that seems like a pretty good price compared to other trucks ive found around here (western new york). its a bighorn with nav and all that good stuff, only thing it desnt have is leather seats. you guys think thats an alright price?

its a 6 speed and when i shift the rpms go up like 2 or 300. anyone know if thats normal or not? thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts