Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that there is a new program right now, pretty good financing rate of 0 percent. I called a dealer this morning to get some more info and he added 4 grand to the internet price for the financing. (The internet sale price, not the as low as price that no one qualifies for)

I was hoping the 0%/84 would be additional discount not a in leu of the current discount

Anyone have any luck getting both?

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
FCA has been discounting pretty good to get their sales up even before this pandemic started. I'm guessing you'll be able to get both pretty soon, and perhaps even more - as long as there's stock.

·
Registered
875 Posts
All you can do is explore options with dealers. Most put forth zero effort to inform you of your options.

Some dealer until recently would give you a $2K discount if you used FCA financing. I suspect that discount disappeared with the 84/0% offer. Might it still be available if you finance otherwise - dunno. I saw one dealer - a little vague, but they seemed to be offering a choice between 84/0% or a cash discount (which is what other financing is) of $6K some dollars if you paid cash. The problem becomes finding a salesman who understands all the possibilities and lays them all out as part of the sales/price/negotiation process.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you walk out the door a few times, you might get both.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We did this deal last weekend. The factory incentives are an either/or thing, as was explained to us in finance. If we had decided to take an interest loan, then they would give us 6k in rebates/incentives.

We took the 0% :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
How much off msrp can we hope for? I see a few on cargurus between 9-13k off 2019s right now. Not sure what other fees to add on or if there only advertising with every rebate that most will not qualify for. I'd like to find a megacab gas for about 15k off and then that may be enough to for me to buy.

·
Registered
238 Posts
When I bought my new 2009 Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4 SRW the dealer took $10,000 off the top and I had to sign a form that acknowledged that. (This was at the time of the bailout. I also got 0% interest for 48 months.)

·
Registered
116 Posts
well in 2008 my father in law got about 15k off new 3500 ford dually... they were desperate big time
what does
  • a deal in 2008
  • and a ford dually
have to do with a ram purchase in 2020 :confused013: :doh:

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
what does
  • a deal in 2008
  • and a ford dually
have to do with a ram purchase in 2020 :confused013: :doh:
A lot, because we're in an economic meltdown which makes 2008 look mild.

·
Registered
42 Posts
his point exactly- 2008 is a speed bump compared to what is coming for this country. some dealers will go out of business... dealers have no problem upselling and playing hard ball... bout time the other shoe drops... maybe they can learn how to do internet sales right finally...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Be interesting to see how this plays out because they've shut down the manufacturing plants as well. Wonder how aggressive Ram gets with incentives on trucks that are not currently being made. I could go F450 or Ram 3500 Mega DRW, whichever is the most off MSRP.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
^ Yup. different supply n demand scenario coming up compared to a "normal" recession.

·
Registered
356 Posts
If the banks close... best have cash on hand!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts