Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was just wanting to give a update/ ask for recommendations again. Im pretty sure i want to trade this guy my 2000 f150 and 1000 cash for a 96 cummins. It has had intake, exhaust, fuel pump turned up smoke screw turned up, fuel plate curved up, new front drive shaft, new transfer case, all new brakes and rotors, all new moog front end parts, bigger fan in turbo, i believe he said 60 hp injectors, and it appears too be a very solid truck im planning on going to look at it this next weekend. What conserns me is the mileage it is sitting around 250,000 also diesel prices. I would imagine that it will get a bit better fuel mileage than my truck but hopefully that will compensate for the extra price. Also a mechanic at work was kinda discouraging (maybe because he is a ford guy) was saying how diesels are money pits and you will regret it. But i kinda figure yea it is more expensive to buy parts but they are built too last longer so it kinda evens out. Well if you would just let me know what you guys think about the mileage and just overall if it would be a good move Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Considerin' Goin' "Oil Burner" are ye?!!???!!!! ; )

Hey i was just wanting to give a update/ ask for recommendations again. Im pretty sure i want to trade this guy my 2000 f150 and 1000 cash for a 96 cummins. It has had intake, exhaust, fuel pump turned up smoke screw turned up, fuel plate curved up, new front drive shaft, new transfer case, all new brakes and rotors, all new moog front end parts, bigger fan in turbo, i believe he said 60 hp injectors, and it appears too be a very solid truck im planning on going to look at it this next weekend. What conserns me is the mileage it is sitting around 250,000 also diesel prices. I would imagine that it will get a bit better fuel mileage than my truck but hopefully that will compensate for the extra price. Also a mechanic at work was kinda discouraging (maybe because he is a ford guy) was saying how diesels are money pits and you will regret it. But i kinda figure yea it is more expensive to buy parts but they are built too last longer so it kinda evens out. Well if you would just let me know what you guys think about the mileage and just overall if it would be a good move Thanks.
I say GO FOR IT!!!

You didn't say how many miles or what shape your F-150 was in...and it doesn't matter...that '96 will be worth more than you'll have into gettin' it as long as You'll own it!

Tuned-up right You'll get better mileage over a longer "Life" of the Truck...and it's a 3/4 ton vs. 1/2 ton...more a "Truck" to begin with!

Learn all you can to take the best care of it (like here on this forum ; ) and it should take LESS $$$ and Time over the life of the Vehicle -- including Your Time -- to maintain!

Bless Our Oil Burnin Hearts...Hell 'n High-water may come -- for some "Sheik" havin' farted-his-skirt somewhere across the globe?!!???!!!!

The guy You traded? He'll get in some line beggin' to find "Gas" for whatever it MAY be had..."It" subject to whatever "Formula" of B.S. additives 'n Oxygenates they keep commin' up with that only cost more $$$ at reduced BTU's (Power, ie; for "Alcohol" 'er whuteva' they added...), and DE-CREASE "Shelf Life" : /

YOU? You'll carefully Fab 'n filter your own "Green-Bio" (or whatever?) -- from a HOME-GROWN source -- and should it become some measure of a necessity otherwise? You'll simply bag a few gallons of Vegetable Oil from the local grocery store to get'cha around!

Or don't...WTF, I am biased! Definetly DO find/have someone knowledgeable in the vehicle You're lookin' at CHECK IT OUT FIRST! (THEN go for it ; )

·
Registered
900 Posts
This thread will give you some ideas of what to look at. Then, if you buy it, this thread will get you started on customizing it the way you want to fit your goals.

Reactions: cghamm117
1 - 3 of 3 Posts