Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so Im looking at a 1999 2500 with the 5.9l cummins turbo. The truck has 103k miles. It also has a Edge Juice With Attitude programmer, BHAF air filter with pre cleaner, and MBRP 5" exhaust from the turbo back. What should I be looking for when I look at the truck?? Thanks :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Auto or manual? What fuel pressure the lift pump is running.

·
NM Chapter President
677 Posts
Look to see if it has a stock lift pump. if so your going to need to upgrade to a aftermarket lift pump, Fass, Airdog to name a few.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Turn the the key three times, watch to see what codes come up.

You should check the codes for the VP first before hand, write them down and take them with you.

Sent from my LG-P925 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
35 Posts
The easyness depends on which pump you get. An FRRP or an DDRP swap in and out pretty easy but may be less reliable in the long run.

You can get an in-line pump but it requires more time under the vehical.

Be sure to check for those codes, that p/u could run great even with some nasty codes hiden out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think 99 was the first year for the key thing; all the way on, all they off, on, off, on, wait and watch the odo, it should read a pcu code then an ecu code, then say done.

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts
Wont work on a 99, take a scanner with you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I picked up a pretty good scanner at O Reilys fer $120 they had ones for less, darn good investment!

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Check block for the 53

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hold out for the Manaul...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Being an auto it only could take a programmer to do stock tranny damage. I would check into if it had any kind of rebuild with aftermarket parts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.