Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 08 6.7 has been in the shop 5 times in 6 months. no mods were ever done and nothing was unplugged. the service manager said that his computer said i had a tuner on the truck. i bought it new, and never had a tuner. this shop is don marshal in somerset ky. if my wipers quit working, they will probably say it was because of high performance washer fluid.

·
On call 24/7
12,577 Posts
I tell ya, some dealer ships must put an add in hell and get the worst scum bags to do there dirty work.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,296 Posts
well what happened when you told him you
had no mods on it ? did you ask to see where
he " supposedly " saw that you had a box on
there ?

·
Rescue Tower
10,827 Posts
I think you have a few options.

1. They have to provide you with their conclusive evidence.
2. Try another dealer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i asked him to show me, he said it was very technical. so i told him that i too was very technical. he said the work would be covered under warranty. but how many people does he pull this on? i feel like hanging around the lot to warn people. not very practical, but i would feel better.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,296 Posts
yeah, i would file a complaint with the bbb.
not sure how much good it will do, but it
will put out the info none the less.

thats such b.s. eating crow after you ask for
proof in the pudding.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Call the number in the owner's manual and complain to Dodge. Explain nicely that your truck is 100% stock and has never had any modifications whatsoever. Tell them you're worried about the warranty implications from the untrue assertions by the dealer and ask them (Dodge) to check the truck with a regional service manager or field engineer. Tell them you want the permanent service record of the truck to be corrected so that there is no question about warranty coverage. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Call the number in the owner's manual and complain to Dodge. Explain nicely that your truck is 100% stock and has never had any modifications whatsoever. Tell them you're worried about the warranty implications from the untrue assertions by the dealer and ask them (Dodge) to check the truck with a regional service manager or field engineer. Tell them you want the permanent service record of the truck to be corrected so that there is no question about warranty coverage. Let us know how it goes.
Good advice...

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
very good advise from dale k. in addition explain to the service mgr. that you are no good with tools. that's why you bought a vehicle with a warranty. then bring up that by writing letters (which you are good at)and describing the problems that you had with their dealership, this will possibly present a problem for their present and future customers. contact your states attorney general's office. (just make a formal complaint) contact chrysler direct. then tell them you are going to hire an attorney.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts