Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/tim_korn_99/Dodge Diesel/6b225cc6c2ca2e8bc11aa5daaf0de331.jpg

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/4wd-suspension/58963-3-lifts-37-tires-please-post-pics-36.html

Is the root cause of bump steer when the track bar and drag link are running at different angles? If not, exactly what is it that causes severe bump steer? The image above clearly shows the drag link and the track bar at identical angles but I have seen other pictures where that was not the case and it was claimed that there was no bump steer. Maybe a suspension expert can clarify this?

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
why do you have drop bracketry on a 3" lift?

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Your track bar shouldn't be at the same level as your sway bar end link mounts on the axle.

I am not sure I have ever seen that before!

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those images not my truck. I found this thread researching and wanted to show examples to discuss what causes bump steer and also what a PROPERLY SET UP front solid axle steering linkage is supposed to look like. Because my 2006 got bump steer when I had the new linkage installed and I intend to make that go away no matter what it takes. I wish Thuren or Carli would make a total replacement linkage system that would work perfect and be so strong it would really be an accomplishment to break it. Not just a track bar but the whole damn thing. In fact it is amazing that someone hasn't already made a replacement linkage THAT DOES NOT INDUCE ANY BUMP STEER.

Seems like it should be offered as a total upgrade package with a truss and front diff protection all in one. It would likely be expensive as a b****. Sign me up right now I want it! Prolly not gonna happen...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts