Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do the pmt's work? Are they a module like and edge? or do they control a downloader like the outlook moniter?

I have a friend who is looking to sell one that i might be interested in!

Thanks

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have to say that I am pretty pleased with my bully dog PMT, I have a 5.9 but still the box is the same. It plugs into your diagnostic port under your dash and boom you got power.......the only thing is you have to drill and tap your manifold for the pyro but that proved to be a little easier than I thought it was going to be.:thumbsup

·
Registered
209 Posts
Its like the edge system but just plugs in under the dash. and the 6.7s have built in egt sensors so you dont have to drill and tap one in the manifold if you dont want. Mine is awesome, with it and the mp-8 it runs like a scalded dog.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Just remember have to at least had the G30 recall done on your truck to use the PMT.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Does the PMT output EGT and manifold pressure from the factory sensors?

Does the PMT dispay and clear codes?

Thanks.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Pmt

My PMT reads and clears codes but I have an 07 5.9L I am sure it does the same for all. If you get it and you don't want to have the OBD 11 port connection hanging down take the OBD 11 port out and put it up under the dash. Works great that way and you don't have to worry about stepping on it.:peelout

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well no g30 done, so guess no PMT then huh? Was just thinking about changing it up a bit, i guess ill just keep waiting impatiently for the smarty:CRY:

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
You will probably need the G30 recall for the Smarty to work also. Any programmer will need the latest flash to work when they come out.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
Smarty, I almost forgot what that thing is. Boy, its been awhile since i got to hold one of those

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
I have been running a PMT on my 6.7 I have the AX flash and the G30 recall
it does show trouble codes. I have not had any yet so I dont know if it clears them or not. I would think it does since it connects into the OBD port and has functions to controll the stuff that is done in the overhead console. It will not clear them on start up like the Edge will but keep in mind the PMT is in Beta testing form on the 6.7 at this time and they can add that feature.

·
Registered
51 Posts
to clarify: are you saying that you DO NOT have to drill and tap the manifold to monitor the EGRs? I beleive that is different from the Edge product.

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
witht he 6.7 there is no drilling and tapping
the PMT monitors the factory EGT sensors and comes with an extra one you can install anywhere but I did not use it and they claim the factory ones are accurate

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Not meaning to hijack the thread but I just got my PMT and I am sitting on the fence too about the code free BADP.

Question, there is no limp mode or de-feuling that can be triggered by the DPF or EGR codes is there? I want to get this done before summer when I start racking up the miles at what looks to be $4.50+ a gallon!

·
Registered
88 Posts
no your truck will not go into limp mode from the lights that come on, they are soft codes so all they will do is annoy you, they wont hurt your truck at all

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
we've had some happy people so far w/ the PMT. it's a nice all in one unit that's easy to install, can't ask for much more.

oh and the Smarty for the 6.7 is about a month out :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
heard that before(about the smarty)

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Everyone that I know that has the PMT loves it:peelout

1 - 20 of 59 Posts