Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have a triple dog when i try to install it i choose the setting and tell it to download turn the switch to run, all that good stuff and it starts to download and freezes whats the deal???:confused013:

· Registered
3,661 Posts
Couple things to make sure of when installing any downloader. Make sure any thing that could draw power during key cycles off a/c, radio, radar detector phone charger what ever. Best to not even open and close doors or windows during downloads. You also need to make sure your battery's are holding 13.4 volts or better. Power spikes and low voltage are the biggest causes of issues. The programer will run with less than 13.4v however the ECM's do not like it.

· DELETE YOUR TURBO!!!!!
3,160 Posts
mine did that with scary larry put 2.4ct on it and problem went away what program are you loading?

· Registered
428 Posts
I went thru the same thing and took me 1/2 day to get the truck back to stock. Called bullydog and they told me the same as stated above. I had my phone charger plugged in and not even connected to my phone. Worked on the first try after unplugging it. They are very pickey about voltage spikes and even low voltage.

· Registered
191 Posts
had the same problem with 2.5. i called Bully dog and he told be it was a problem with the update. HE TOLD ME TO START MY TRUCK!!!!!!!???????? as the programer was uploading.

· Registered
3,661 Posts
you can not start your truck in the upload mode as you have no parameters in the ecm.

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
had the same problem with 2.5. i called Bully dog and he told be it was a problem with the update. HE TOLD ME TO START MY TRUCK!!!!!!!???????? as the programer was uploading.
ok called bd and found out i had it downloaded but with 2.5 the truck has to be running to select setting. Now another problem i have it on extreme setting and no smoke no more power or anything :confused013: now what it runs stock as a clock someone have an old version they can send me im thinkin it may be the updated version.:confused013: any ideas???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.