Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Triple dog from a guy locally and he said it was all on stock. I put it in my truck and says it can not communicate with the truck. So, I try to update it online. Says turn vehicle back to stock. Well I know even the tire size was turned back to stock. It was used on a Cummins only. Last on a 2004 cummins. Now here is the weird thing, When i plug it into my comp or my truck, it says " duramax 6.6L" at start up. Then goes into the on the fly programming. What is going on? It was never on a duramax. Only on cummins trucks. I do not want to pay Bully Dog 100 to get it fixed when I know it isn't saved on another truck and especially a chevy.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sounds Like It Was Never Fully Uploaded From Another Vehicle. R U Sure That The Guy U Bought It From Didnot Let Somone Else Try It Out. It Should Show U A Vehicle Vin # And If It Doesent Match Yours Then It Is Still Down Loaded
On Another Truck

·
Registered
313 Posts
When The Downloader Is Uploaded It Should Give U All Three Options Ford,chevy Or Dodge .

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried it on my dad's truck also. Same thing. I don't understand why it is stuck on the duramax when it has never been on one.

·
Registered
313 Posts
When U Plug It In A Screen With The Bullydog Logo Pops-up In The Corner There Should Be A Vin # If It Does Not Match Yours Then It Has Been On Another Truck And It Is Still In That Truck.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is the thing there is no vin that comes up. When you plug it up it says

Tiple Dog
Power Pup V2.2.4c
Duramax 6.6L
Serial:10v90060k0TUS

Then it goes to
On-the-fly Duramax 6.6L
Extreme
Performance
Tow/Economy
Stock Main Menu

·
Registered
313 Posts
OK THEN IF IT WAS ON A DODGE LAST IT SHOULD SAY
On-the-fly CUMMINS 5.9L
Extreme
Performance
Tow/Economy
Stock Main Menu
WHEN U PLUG IT IN IT SHOULD SAY TURN IGNITION ON DO NOT START IT WILL START COUNTING DOWN AS IT TAKES OUT FACTORY SETTING THEN IT SHOULD GIVE THREE OPS.
CUMMINS 5.9L
POWER JOKE 6.0L
DURAJUNK 6.6L

IF IT DOESNOT THEN IT HAS NOT BEEN UPLOADED FROM ANOTHER TRUCK CHECK WITH THE GUY U BOUGHT IT FROM AND TELL HIM THAT U WANT YOUR MONEY OR TO COMPLETE THE UPLOAD FROM THE LAST TRUCK IT WAS IN ,IT HAD TO BE IN A DURAMAX
OR THE PROGRAMMER HAS A PROBLEM.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Was The Guy U Got It From Using It On His Truck If So Check It On His

·
World Champs!!!
24,801 Posts
Yea, this is pretty common on the Bully Dog...cant tell you how many threads Ive read that somebody is loading it on theyre Dodge and its on the Duramax programming...Ill have to go back through threads to see, but I think you need to call Bully Dog (good luck...) and tell them whats going on. Its not VIN locked, just something that happens on them...and one of the reasons Ill never run Bully Dog on my truck.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I Had The Same Thing Happen To Me But Icould Put It On My Truck But I Couldnt Remove The Download Out Of My Truck ,had To Send It To Bullydog

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, Just finished talking with bullydog They reflashed it over the computer without me sending it in and unlocked everything. The guy was really nice and fixed everything. Works fine now.

·
Registered
313 Posts
How Does The Truck Drive?

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The truck screams. I have the crazy larry tune on there. I drove it for about 5 minutes just playing with the Crazy Larry, Edge Juice 5/5, and Ez all the way up. Will not play with it much like that. I just wanted to make sure the Bully dog was working.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ihave actually found their customer service to be helpful

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
They helped me today. I am trying to sell my triple dog and I let a guy use it when he went back to stock he turned the key off to soon. I called tech support and in 5 minutes it was good to go. They were surprised his truck would run. He got out just far enough clear his, put the programmer was not sure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts