Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the difference between the 2? I am looking for something to monitor my truck parameters and add some performance. I am pretty sure Bully dog is at the top of my list. I like their features and the monitor doesn't look like it is from the early 80's

Any feed back on the 2 would be great.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Can anyone tell me the difference between the 2? I am looking for something to monitor my truck parameters and add some performance. I am pretty sure Bully dog is at the top of my list. I like their features and the monitor doesn't look like it is from the early 80's

Any feed back on the 2 would be great.
The GT is a thinner unit and is not touch screen like the PMT is. That is why it is less expensive. It also has the driving coach software that is supposed to maximize mpg's. The power gains are very similar.

·
Registered
154 Posts
if i was you i would go with the gt on account of bullydog has never had the touchscreen working right for the 6.7s since it came out i have never used it just keep your money for other upgrades and go with the gt same power and all i would go with that one not unless you want my pmt its olnly two months old and i am selling it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Arent all of us with pmts selling them?

·
GOD IS GOOD
667 Posts
Sounds Like A Smarty Decession To Me:lol4::headbang::shock:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds Like A Smarty Decession To Me:lol4::headbang::shock:
Everyone is making the Smarty out to be the best programmer ever. It hasn't even been used yet. I will give it a year before I would consider it.

The other reason I like the bullydog is because is has a really nice screen to read the parameters and monitor everything. It is basically the nicest one out there.

I don't understand why Edge and Smarty don't do something like bullydog. Thier stuff looks like it is from the 80's. JMO

·
Registered
281 Posts
I spoke to Bully dog tech support on the GT vs. PMT. Basically they are the same programming, but PMT comes with dual pyro inputs, GT you have to purchase seperately ($135.99). PMT has larger touch screen. That's about it. I went with the GT as my Triple dog w/ outlook is out of commission. Basically I scrambled my ECM thanks to programming lost on Key and my wife trashed my Triple dog a year or so ago telling me "I never saw you use it????" $800.00 later I'm waiting for the new GT to arrive.

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
Here's a blast from the past.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts