·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone build over 25 pounds of boost with just the pmt with crazy larry

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
35psi here. on extreme too. i haven't loaded crazy larry in fear of shredding my trans. if you have a boost fooler, it will throw off the PMT.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't get mine to build more than 25psi. I have the crazy larry loaded. Any ideas?:confused013:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I can't get mine to build more than 25psi. I have the crazy larry loaded. Any ideas?:confused013:
If your not running a boost fooler get your map sensor checked

·
Registered
362 Posts
The boost gauge on my PMT maxes out at 30 PSI but you can hear the turbo spooling higher after it hits the 30# mark. I need to put a manual gauge on it and check it out but :confused013:

·
Registered
43 Posts
The boost gauge on my PMT maxes out at 30 PSI but you can hear the turbo spooling higher after it hits the 30# mark. I need to put a manual gauge on it and check it out but :confused013:
it's only readin off the MAP... the map is supposed to read up to 38, but i dont know how accurate it is when you get that high... if the PMT isnt reading above 30, it's because your map isnt sending it... do yourself a favor, get a boost fooler, then a boost gauge, you'll be much happier with the way the truck runs... if you really want to wear the big boy pants do it right

·
Registered
53 Posts
i talked to bully dog they told me the pmt will only read 30 max cause i put a boost fooler on and couldnt tell if it was working buy a cheap gauge and hook it up to be sure

·
Registered
32 Posts
does anyone build over 25 pounds of boost with just the pmt with crazy larry

mine on crazy larry makes 43 lbs......on extreme it makes 36lbs if that helps any??

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
mine wont make over 25 pounds
even with crazy larry
what year truck do you have....

mine wont get passed 22lbs even with the boostfooler on or off.

i literally went from edge juice w / att to PMT w crazy larry.

edge was reading well into the 30's lbs boost and as soon as i put on the PMT w/ CL the boost (according to PMT) will not exceed 22lbs of boost. what gives....

if i plug the edge back in...it will read (like i said b4) well into the 30's lbs of boost.....

doesn't the edge and pmt both get boost readings from map sensor.:confused013:

·
Registered
32 Posts
sorry i read the post wrong, i dont have a pmt, all i have is the manual auto meter guage. thats were i get my numbers from. sorry for the confusion

·
Back in the saddle again
640 Posts
I can spike 42lbs in crazy larry with PMT with analog dipricol optix gauge:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
I can spike 42lbs in crazy larry with PMT with analog dipricol optix gauge:thumbsup:
im pretty sure he's asking about the pmt's guage reading not the mecanical guage....

i cant see more then 22lbs of boost through the pmt w/ crazy larry....shoooot, i can even get a trans reading. trans temp is stuck on 0degrees.....

bully dog says that w/ pmt w/ CL the trans guage doesn't work on 06-07....can some1 confirm this please

·
Back in the saddle again
640 Posts
im pretty sure he's asking about the pmt's guage reading not the mecanical guage....

i cant see more then 22lbs of boost through the pmt w/ crazy larry....shoooot, i can even get a trans reading. trans temp is stuck on 0degrees.....

bully dog says that w/ pmt w/ CL the trans guage doesn't work on 06-07....can some1 confirm this please
My tranny gauge works fine and I have a n 07.....I have even seen it at 240degrees at the track:doh: . Normally I will see 180-200 on a hot day in traffic towing i will see 190-205 depending on how hard im working it and thats directly off the PMT

Boost however is a different story i can only read 23lbs on pmt while my analog gauge is reading 38-40

Try downloading 1.0.1.0 again and reload to your truck and see if that helps with the tranny temp function.....i think whowever you talked to at BD doesn't really know much and might need some more training.:hehe:

I run only 2 analog gauges fuel pressure and boost.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
thnks for the reply.........i will call bully dog again and see whats going on with the tranny....

...so pretty much, think ppl's with the 06-07 w/ pmt and crazy larry the boost is iffy.

·
Back in the saddle again
640 Posts
thnks for the reply.........i will call bully dog again and see whats going on with the tranny....

...so pretty much, think ppl's with the 06-07 w/ pmt and crazy larry the boost is iffy.
Honestly I wouldn't rely on the boost reading from Edge, BD or banks PDA they all read what the ECM is telling them to read so I would get an anolog gauge for this reason. If you run a boost fooler that is going to screw with the boost reading of the PMT even more.:hehe: cause its fooling the computer. :thumbsup:

All the other gauges should be reasonably reliable to gather information from.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Yes I understand that a boost fooler will mess/fool it even more. But even if I take off boost fooler, it still will flatline at 22lbs boost. And yes any and all digital guages are not as reliable as mecanical

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
I agree that digital guage that read off the map sensor are not as acurate as a mecanical one. But edges guages
Were pretty close to a mecanical one I put on before.....a lot more accurate ten this pmt w/ crazy larry

·
Back in the saddle again
640 Posts
I agree that digital guage that read off the map sensor are not as acurate as a mecanical one. But edges guages
Were pretty close to a mecanical one I put on before.....a lot more accurate ten this pmt w/ crazy larry
Im not arguing with that all im saying is i had the same problem not only with BD but with edge so now I run a mechanical gauge thats all im saying. :thumbsup:

The edge will stop reading at a certain lvl also so if you plan on a bigger turbo or twins get a mechanical gauge

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
yesir:headbang:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts