Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what smarty file to run. I have a built trans, the rest is stock, and I am currently running Revo 7 tqm 3 and the rest default. It runs good, but it doesn't have a great take off, and I feel the truck has more in her. What daily driving file do you guys run on similar trucks? Just looking for more opinions and options.

Thanks, Rye.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Depends on how "built" that built tranny is as well as what it is used for. Towing moderate to heavy stick with revo and dial it down for the heavy towing. Daily driver toy truck (like mine) try the tnt or maybe the new tnt-r when it is released. I am assuming you have a pyro and fuel pressure gauge. Without reliable gauge you have gone too far already.

BTW TQ3 on my truck makes it very smokey and almost undrivable; very twitchy so imagine that force be balanced by your trans. Try TNT sw7 tq2???

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tranny has everything but billet output because I don't drag race. Yes I have gauges.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I liked TNT over revo. I used to run it cranked 24/7 a long time ago before I learned anything. Try TNT with sw7 tq2 or 3, rp 2 or 3, and I would mess with timing and see how it feels
My truck doesn't like anything higher than rp1 I always get high rail pressure codes within a day of rp2 (codes were always 2344 I believe) rp1 no problems. I bet the higher tq#s feel great in an automatic truck but in a manual with dual disk I feel like a retard trying to drive a dumptruck.

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a tight converter, my truck likes less torque management but my stock turbo won't last long if I run it on 4. Seems to run great but I get some turbo bark.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I have run sw7 first on the original S06 software then briefly on revo 7 and now TNT since it was released and I have only heard it bark maybe 5 times in almost 4 years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts