Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my built trans rated for way more than what I have installed and adjusted. Set the TV cable so I have a nice shift @ 3k 1-2 at WOT, all other shifts are right where I would expect them to be under normal acceleration. TV cable a lil too tight and it will rev hang and fall flat on its face WOT and just a lil too loose and upshifts real fast and start to get a little flare on 2-3, so I know that where it is at is the sweet spot.

The only issue is in 2, 3, 4 unlocked if I mat the go pedal it will come up and kiss off of the rev limiter (mine is ~3500rpm) while it is accelerating and only shift to the next gear once I hit a certain MPH or if I dial it back under 2500k like normal acceleration. Has stock stall speed triple disk and like I said is rated for way more than I have so I wouldn;t think it would have a problem holding the revs down. I've read that a tighter converter really doesn't effect the top end that much, like 200-300rpm. Once it is locked man does she scoot but I cannot really get the power down in any gear unlocked but first gear, and that goes by fast. Am I missing something?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts