Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a stock transmission right now and want to build it to be able to do some mods to the truck without killin the trans. Any ideas on what products to get? I am willing to pay for quality so any parts are welcome.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had a BD trans installed about 10k miles ago. No complaints at all. Shifts are nice and firm and the fit and finish of the trans speaks volumes. I'd do it again in a heart-beat.

·
Registered
76 Posts
HTS is one of the better ones to go with

·
Registered
941 Posts
I love my Garmon Diesel Performance trans! by Jeff Garmon

·
Registered
144 Posts
Are you building one yourself or buying a built one?

If you are building one yourself this list is a good start.
-Master Rebuild Kit
-Billet Input
-Tripple Disc TC
-HD Shift Kit
-Billet Servo and Accumulator

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am building one myself. My 01 has the stock trans in it now with no problems.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Start with a shift kit or valvebody and a t/c if you dont have a spare transmission layin around to build.. if you have a spare or can afford to have a littlw downtime with your truck just do everything at once and then when its all done swap it out with the one in your truck.

·
Premium Member
19,886 Posts
Most brands mentioned are pretty much equal (no one will agree..lol). Think and buy smart, valve body, converter, and save some money for a rebuild. You can build a strong trans for a fair price, start small then work up. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
144 Posts
2001dodge2500, if you could, try to document it the best you can and post some pictures of the rebuild and all the steps involved!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
will do on the pictures. it will be a little while before i can get started but will do

1 - 12 of 12 Posts