Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay well first off, my injectors are on their way out so i figured its a great excuse to get a little build going. my goal is from 500-600 hp. the list is as followed

1. 100 hp bosch stainless injectors.
2. 85% or 35% industrial cp3 (most likely 85%)
3. airdog 150
4. 64mm turbo, im not sure what one yet so lets hear some options/previous experiences
5. mabye head studs in there needed
6. efi live if i get sick of my predator and want a little more

one last question, if i were to run 100's and a single would my egt's get too hot? and btw gauges are sitting on my counter, just not on the truck yet.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I would dobsome reaserch on II cp3's.. is go shane, fleece, exergy or john over them any day of the week bud... but the rest looks good

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
As far as turbo goes most aee goos quality I ran a river city turbo and loved... fo efi live ya won't regret that move

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why do you say I should to research on II pumps? are they bad? and i was looking into the killer b2 turbo, would that keep egts good with a set of 100s? and bosch is a good brand of injectors right?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Those injectors will b e good with that turbo... but as far as II pumps go they almost jever flow whag they claim.. ya will be lucky to feed the injectors ya are getting.. jusg use the search function on them more problems with then than j can list

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol alright good to know, but with this setup i think i should hit 500 easily right? and what about studs? think there needed?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Hit 500 easily buddy.. can do that with efi alone

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well thats nice to hear, thanks for the replies bud. should be ordering it all within a week or two. ill make sure to post a thread about it lol.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
I did 544hp on stock injectors and stock cp3. All you need is an upgraded turbo, say a 63/68/14 and a lift pump.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
And add efi to that list

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have a $2000 II paperweight in my garage. It failed under warranty and they denied it. I had scheid 100's in my 05 and they were awesome injectors. I think a super b special would cool a little better in your power range. My 66/74 batmo charger spooled really well but they're kinda pricey. Also, definitley put a set of studs in it. When looking at spending 5000 whats another 400ish for insurance.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well that changed the list a bit then, sense i need injectors anyways im gonna go with a set of 50's instead of 100's. going to keep the stock cp3 untill i gain the cash. going to pull the trigger on the super b special tomorrow as well as the injectors and im going to look into efi now. thanks guys, you were both a huge help.

·
Banned
696 Posts
well that changed the list a bit then, sense i need injectors anyways im gonna go with a set of 50's instead of 100's. going to keep the stock cp3 untill i gain the cash. going to pull the trigger on the super b special tomorrow as well as the injectors and im going to look into efi now. thanks guys, you were both a huge help.
Like said before I would look to a different company for your cp3 than industrial.. Also ditch the predator asap! With EFI live you will be blown away man! I had a smarty before and it was nice but IMO there is no comparison. I have tried a few different tuners both in my lmm dmax and on my cummins and love innovate. Price is damn near unbeatable and customer services is like no other. Had a lot of tuners talk me up and tell me how great it was going to be and there tuning was good but as soon as the had my money, I could contact them and when I would get a hold of them it was as if I was an inconvenience.. Gordon is the man and will work to give you exactly what your looking for. Just my $.02 from some tuners I have had experience with. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Like said before I would look to a different company for your cp3 than industrial.. Also ditch the predator asap! With EFI live you will be blown away man! I had a smarty before and it was nice but IMO there is no comparison. I have tried a few different tuners both in my lmm dmax and on my cummins and love innovate. Price is damn near unbeatable and customer services is like no other. Had a lot of tuners talk me up and tell me how great it was going to be and there tuning was good but as soon as the had my money, I could contact them and when I would get a hold of them it was as if I was an inconvenience.. Gordon is the man and will work to give you exactly what your looking for. Just my $.02 from some tuners I have had experience with. :thumbsup:
well when i get the funds to get the cp3 ill look in to other options, but for now its going towards injectors turbo then efi live. i cant believe II is that bad though, i didnt look into them much but ive never seen a thread bashing them. im just glad i was told before i was in the hole

·
Registered
319 Posts
If you look on here you'll find threads in about every forum with the same trouble I had. I think with 50's the special and EFI you'll be very happy with how your truck runs. Might get by with a cp3 parts kit of some kind if you stay with the 50's. 2 of my buddies run scheid 50's in there trucks and are very happy. Basically no smoke.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Throwban arson kit on and ya will be fine with 50's

·
Registered
388 Posts
dont waist your money on 50's go with 100's and adjust the tuning accordingly. 100's and a super b special 64.5/71/14 is a fun setup that will run nice and cool and still make 600-625. do studs for sure its cheap insurance.

·
Registered
388 Posts
A special and 100s will be good for 650 or so on a big tune if he maintains rail. Going to need a pump.
i agree or two. haha

1 - 19 of 19 Posts