Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my truck starts bucking at about 40mph, the rpms start going up and down repeatedly. If i mash the throttle she goes just fine, if im cruising on a straight away at a constant speed of 30 - 40 mph . i get the idle jumping / bucking. I had this problem once before, but it went away after my injection and lift pump were changed. So im just looking for any possible answer, could this be a sensor of some sort?? My truck is a 2002 cummins diesel 24v with 340k, automatic trans. Thanks for any and all help!

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
clean your battery cables, clean the grounds real well, should take care of it. (pcm isnt getting a good ground, it fixed my 99.)

Reactions: Kojak

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man , just got out of the garage cleaned the posts , checked the grounds,wrapped the black with brown stripe wire with tin foil,an I'll giv'er a try tomorrow.

Thanks again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:thumbsup:hey just wanted to say the combo of repairs from last night did the trick!! No more surging. Thanks again for all the help!!

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
You might be well advised to do some futher checks. Batteries tested separatelly and alternator bench tested. The electronics are getting old and lots of possibilities..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts