·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Valair nodular iron DD 3250 .......:party018:

·
Northern CA Chapter President
3,325 Posts
i always look forward to that truck, get that sucker installed and let us now how it is :thumbsup:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i always look forward to that truck, get that sucker installed and let us now how it is :thumbsup:

Its going in Saturday...........

·
MI Chapter President
5,689 Posts
nice!!!

better get that out of the house before the old lady yells at you :whip: :eek:hno:

:hehe:

·
Registered
234 Posts
now you can really see what your truck can do. Hey, did you ever find that 3gsk?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
234 Posts
its

17 Bear paw #19B
Irvine CA 92604

Thanks

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The clutch is in!!........I'm an official member of the DD club........

Had a local shop do it...smokin deal....$325.00!!....:party018:

·
Northern CA Chapter President
3,325 Posts
well how do you like it? what hp is it rated for?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
well how do you like it? what hp is it rated for?
The clutch is grabbie...Not broke in yet...The truck still flashes.....not the clutch, but now the tires!!!...:thumbsup:

The clutch is rated for 650hp....though not approved for sled pulling...the clutch will hold a sled no problem, says Kevin at Valair.......

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Oh ..Its broke in now.....its been BROKE SINCE TUESDAY!!! The slave cylinder pushed right through the firewall.....3 days of use (300 miles)... Crazy stiff pedal...Many calls too Valair....still no fix or parts received yet (promised Friday) or returned phone calls...........:banghead:

I also had to have the truck towed & I am paying for a rental truck!!........... Not even a sorry too hear that from Valair...Oh yeah..and a real bad vibe now in 4th, 5th, 6th gear....

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
:rant:Eeesh............

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Matt, our distributor is San Diego was suppose to ship you that hydraulic kit, i can see you didnt get it. Also just so you will know i would rant more towards the installer since this would be more than likley a installation problem. We have detailed instructions on our web site under support. Since today is sunday i cant do anything about it but i will find out whats up early tommorow morning.
Dan

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Matt, our distributor is San Diego was suppose to ship you that hydraulic kit, i can see you didnt get it. Also just so you will know i would rant more towards the installer since this would be a installation problem. We have detailed instructions on our web site under support. Since today is sunday i cant do anything about it but i will find out whats up early tommorow morning.
Dan
Hi Dan,

Respectfully, your instructions are vague at best.. No list of clutch install steps..No diagrams....No mention of how to install hydraulics...No web site info...nadda-zip...:confused013:

The clutch was install by the owner of the shop..Dr Trans...He has decades of transmission/clutch experence...

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Matt there were some links under support on our website, the website was attacked last month, i just tried to look at them but they arent working, i will have my computer guy look at it today. Was the pedal rock hard no moving it from the top, there is a check valve of some sort in the system that will lock it down if it does not have resistance at the slave. I dont think the clutch was installed wrong, but maybe something with the hydraulic system and a possibility the quick connect where the steel braided line connects to the plastic line isnt connected properly. anyhow i will be on top of this in the morning and apologize for any convienence it has caused if it be the fault of our products or services. the hydraulic kits we use are manufactured by the same company as the oem's use and we dont usually ever have a problem with them when properly installed.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Matt there were some links under support on our website, the website was attacked last month, i just tried to look at them but they arent working, i will have my computer guy look at it today. Was the pedal rock hard no moving it from the top, there is a check valve of some sort in the system that will lock it down if it does not have resistance at the slave. I dont think the clutch was installed wrong, but maybe something with the hydraulic system and a possibility the quick connect where the steel braided line connects to the plastic line isnt connected properly. anyhow i will be on top of this in the morning and apologize for any convienence it has caused if it be the fault of our products or services. the hydraulic kits we use are manufactured by the same company as the oem's use and we dont usually ever have a problem with them when properly installed.
Dan, You keep talking about links with info on your website...Yet "YOUR INSTRUCTIONS" make no mention of your website or how to links, Your web address is "NOT" listed in the instructions... on top of that the links don't even WORK!!:whip:..Just a tech support line which I called several times wasting days/rental fees with "NO" returned calls.........

Lets not forget the clutch chatter.. forward is bad... When put in reverse and let out the clutch..Its like driving over speed bumps!!

And then there's the wicked growl/vibe in high gears (4/5/6)....NOT GOOD..........

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dan, You keep talking about links with info on your website...Yet "YOUR INSTRUCTIONS" make no mention of your website or how to links, Your web address is "NOT" listed in the instructions... on top of that the links don't even WORK!!:whip:..Just a tech support line which I called several times wasting days/rental fees with "NO" returned calls.........

Lets not forget the clutch chatter.. forward is bad... When put in reverse and letting out the clutch..Its like driving over speed bumps!!

And then there's the wicked growl/vibe in high gears (4/5/6)....NOT GOOD..........
Matt,
With the exception of the calls I answered I have no records in our phone log that you had unanswered calls that needed to be returned.
As for your phone conversation with Dan, we did call and email our distributor in Oceanside, CA which is only 20 miles from you and gave him your info and request to send you a replacement HYD unit. (if you PM me your email addy I can forward you the email), I will follow up with him this morning and find out why it was not shipped. Let me know if you wish to pick the HYD unit up in person I can give you his address and number.
As for the installation instructions they are here --->http://www.valairinc.com/performance/masterslave.pdf and as far as I know the links have been working the whole time.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Hey Matt,
Those plastic slave cyls don't last with the dual disc clutches. I did one a while back and it went bye bye real quick too. So I got the old 12 valve master/slave cyl set up and you have to make a few minor adjustments but that is what most of the pullers use. I believe it comes with a braided steel line and can hold up to the spring pressure.
Betty

·
Banned
1,169 Posts
This an instal problem for sure my friend, the Master cylinder will feel locked in place but you have to physically feel all the way around and look as best you can to see it is tight, we have been down this road before, everyone makes mistakes for sure. Dan will take care of it for sure.

DD

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Hey Matt,
Those plastic slave cyls don't last with the dual disc clutches. I did one a while back and it went bye bye real quick too. So I got the old 12 valve master/slave cyl set up and you have to make a few minor adjustments but that is what most of the pullers use. I believe it comes with a braided steel line and can hold up to the spring pressure.
Betty
these are the hydraulics we use in our heavy duty kits 94-97 12v with braided line and adjustable rod. and he only has a 3250 plate load.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts