Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Throwing codes P0483 and P0234

we noticed diesel leaking and its coming out of the front of the rail where in connects into the inject.#1, not the connector tube but at the top where the nut and the rail come together...

Truck is a 2005 5.9 with 105k miles on it... all stock

Its leaking where my finger is pointing. Please help. I am going to go to dealership and buy the part to replace the rail part that is leaking.. I haven't researched the codes yet just seeing if you all know anything. Thanks

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just found some info on the codes...

P0483 is cooling fan speed
P0234 is turbo charger overboost condition..

Why would it throw these codes...? The truck is completely stock.. We bought it 4 days ago and have hardly even driven it...

·
On call 24/7
12,576 Posts
The codes may have already been set before it started leaking. Have you reset it to see if they come back?

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No not yet... it happend late tonight... I can use my Smarty right. Without unprogramming it from mine... Just plug it in and use the clear codes function? Why would this thing just randomly start leaking like that?

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Maybe someone was working on injectors before you bought it and did not torque it properly.... is the line cracked or just leaking from the back of the nut.... Might just need re-tightened

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we tightened it down right away... still shot out diesel. by pulling the rail piece off how can you tell if its cracked?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
hey guys... im the little bro with the truck prob we are discussing... we pulled the inj tube off and it looked fine and put it back on and it did the same...

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
we pulled the tube off but didn't pull it off completely but it appeared normal. Is there a seal or something in there?

·
On call 24/7
12,576 Posts
Maybe a hairline crack in the line.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
yes .. i think im going find one tommarrow and replace it... .... we are going to put my bros smarty on and see if they go away

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
be right back.. going to go clear codes... as far as the rail part goes... we should just replace that part correct? I wonder if they sell that part alone by itself?

·
On call 24/7
12,576 Posts
Doubtfull, dodge will probably tell you to replace the whole engine.:lol4: I bet you will have to buy the whole line but maybe not. I would call cummins before dodge.

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh nvm.. going to just wait till morning.. so my bro will calm down haha

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Doubtfull, dodge will probably tell you to replace the whole engine.:lol4: I bet you will have to buy the whole line but maybe not. I would call cummins before dodge.
oh no not for warranty.. there isn't one on it anymore... I just want the part. we do all the work ourselves now on all of our trucks haha never to the stealership. I know the whole line is a pretty penny... Should just be able to buy that front rail part I hope.

·
On call 24/7
12,576 Posts
I meant, if you try to buy the part from dodge they will tell ya you need a whole new motor.LOL I dont blame you, I work on all my own stuff too. I dont trust the idiots at the stealers.

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I meant, if you try to buy the part from dodge they will tell ya you need a whole new motor.LOL I dont blame you, I work on all my own stuff too. I dont trust the idiots at the stealers.
hahaha ya they would tell me to replace the whole motor... I got ya:thumbsup: they are idiots... my 1-2 shift hunt in my stock tranny they said was normal and every dodge truck does it:hehe::hehe: even new 09's.. I was like whaaaat:shock:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
:hehe::hehe::hehe:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts