Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i found my oil leak. i have been looking for an oil leak that was keeping my fuel filter and surrounding area oily. when i was installing my new cfm and grid heater delete i noticed when i moved my dipstick tube over to the new bolt location it was cracked in half. it is broken right at the bolt that holds it in the back by the fuel filter. Anyway, i was wondering if the dealer was the only place to get a new one, got nowhere today calling junkyards around here. Anybody else have this happen to their tube?

·
Diesel Junkie
4,726 Posts
Thats the first I have heard of it. I'd say the dealer is going to be your best bet.....unless you get lucky at a salvage yard.....but sounds like you have tried that. You might try posting in the wanted to buy section or check with the sponsors.....never know. Good luck:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I'd just buy a new one. It can't be that exspensive.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
New dipstick was $12, so yeah can't be much more then that.

·
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dealer is what i figured too, it shouldnt be too expensive.i have no idea how it broke but i did have it at the dealer afew months back to fix a broken injector line(clamp came loose and it broke at the collar).Thinking bout it now it was # 5 line that broke and i bet the mech. got rough on the dipstick tube getting back in there. I think i will make sure they know that, i know the owner of the dealer, maybe they will replace it when i throw my fit. my lil fits usually work.

·
Diesel Junkie
4,726 Posts
dealer is what i figured too, it shouldnt be too expensive.i have no idea how it broke but i did have it at the dealer afew months back to fix a broken injector line(clamp came loose and it broke at the collar).Thinking bout it now it was # 5 line that broke and i bet the mech. got rough on the dipstick tube getting back in there. I think i will make sure they know that, i know the owner of the dealer, maybe they will replace it when i throw my fit. my lil fits usually work.
They should cover it for you.....I know mine would.

·
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i just put another dipstick tube on!! I cant imagine why these keep snapping at the bolt on location.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Well i just put another dipstick tube on!! I cant imagine why these keep snapping at the bolt on location.
dodge stuff is crap that's why..........and the Cummins probably shoook the Shiiieet out of it.:thumbsup

·
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess, but this isnt something you hear about guys breaking often. I guess im just the lucky one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts