Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went out and started my truck and it sounded different, sounded like a big exhaust leak, craweld underneath and noticed the down pipe was sheered off and disconnected from just below the turbo, anyone ever heard of this, kinda wierd i thought.

View attachment 24587

·
Registered
859 Posts
I have seen them crack, but not shear in half. It looks like a clean break, you might be able to get it re-welded to get you back on the road.

·
Registered
180 Posts
If its stainless they will replace it no problem, very good products with great customer support and warr care

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,910 Posts
did you have the hanger on the side of the transmission hooked up? The only times I've seen downpipes fail like that, that front hanger has been misaligned or not used....

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the hanger off the tranny was hooked up.

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,910 Posts
wow, just wow. Contact them and see what they say.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was gonna call them see about getting sent a new downpipe, but i dont really wanna hastle with the warrenty BS, plus dont wanna get the same part that already failed. Seems easier just to fix it and get it back on the road, would take a long time to get sent a part from MBRP.

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,910 Posts
seems like they have the wrong bend angle in there then if it is cracking on multiple trucks. the bad angle will over stress it at one point and cause the problems you guys are seeing...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
getting mine fixed with a heavier duty downpipe, have to say im a little disapointed with MBRP on this one.

·
2,247 Posts
MBRP uses pretty thin wall tubing. My stainless exhaust is rusting, and I'm in southern california. I'm not very happy with my exhaust either.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
That sucks man. Between me and my pop's truck we've had 3 MBRP systems and loved all of them, even if you don't plan on trying to get them to fix it I'd still give them a holler and let them know what's up!

·
Registered
180 Posts
MBRP uses pretty thin wall tubing. My stainless exhaust is rusting, and I'm in southern california. I'm not very happy with my exhaust either.
409 ss from mbrp is not guaranteed against rust just not rusting through. only 304 systems should hold true with no rust

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mine didnt even have time to rust, and were this thing broke i have to order a new downpipe, cant just weld it up, it broke too close to the flange.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was gonna call them see about getting sent a new downpipe, but i dont really wanna hastle with the warrenty BS, plus dont wanna get the same part that already failed. Seems easier just to fix it and get it back on the road, would take a long time to get sent a part from MBRP.
I just got of the phone with MBRP. Rep asked me to email a copy of my receipt and is sending me a new down pipe. Warranty is top notch and no hassle. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
got my truck fixed, once i got the MBRP exhaust off the turbo i noticed the flange from the downpipe that hookes to the turbo was craked and that made the downpipe weak, most likeley causint a weak point causing the pipe to shear in half. was suprised how thin the pipe was, after all 5 in pipe is pretty heavy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts