Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well boys i did it this time. had not even 61 km on my brand new DD spec clutch. i accelerated pretty hard in second and i figured i test this bad boy out. so i power shifted from 2nd to 3rd and that was it. the truck stopped accelerating and a loud grinding noise started. well there i was calling the shop and asking why my stock input shaft being fine as long as i dont try to launch her in 3rd or 4th gear in 4wd. anyways there tow truck guy came and picked it up. the next morning i called them and he told me that the clutch is 100% fine. said i was lucky i didn't take out my release bearing. just the shaft. well he told me he is going to give me a deal etc etc on another "stock input shaft." but heres the WHOLE story.originally i had ordered a southbend 3600 DD but when i brought my truck in and they had my tranny ripped apart they realized they brought in a southbend con fe. the wrong one. so they would have ended up having to order it and it would have takin them 5 days to ship. but he said he had a spec DD clutch that was just as good. so i said go for it. i asked him if he was going to put the 1 3/8 input shaft in. told me he didn't have one in stock. but said that my input shaft will be fine and the 1 3/8 isnt much different. he said if an input shaft is going to go its gonna GO. so he convinced me and i said leave the stock one in. well here i am with a BROKEN FREAKIN INPUT SHAFT. i wanted to ask you guys what kind of pricing is a billet input shaft and is it worth it. i have big plans for this truck and plan on racing it in the near future. its getting over hauled here at the end of june. or should i be fine with a 1 3/8th one??

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have input, intermediate, and the output shaft all billet....my opinion it all starts with your tranny.

·
Registered
146 Posts
More like an auto...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts