Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

broken flexplate pics

11202 Views 25 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  port orchard mike
wasnt too bad gettin it out, 3 hours

this is how it came home, at least it was a dodge that pulled it and not a ferd like last time :lol4:

This little load was being pulled when it broke, but i was just doin 55 mph or so and cruisin down a hill real easy when it let go. :confused013: My l/p is about dead so i WAS really babying the darn truck too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
262 Posts
That sucks! Did it happen before (you said you were towed by Ford previously) ??

Thanks for sharing the pics. Very informative.

With the mods in your tranny (TC and VB), you should consider a new billet input shaft and a laminated or billet flex plate. Make sure you check your input shaft for cracks...

The TC and valve body combo tore up your stock flex plate...

I agree with the previous post, try an impact gun to get the remaining portion of your flex plate removed.

2021 DRW CCLB 4X4
5,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bd flex goin in and the tc looked ok. shaft looked good too. the only damage is to the adapter plate( the engine housing thing ? ) that the flexplate bolts on to, its a little scratched up but i think it will be ok, there is some fine metal shavings that need blown out and there wasnt any fluid so i think its gonna be ok,,, i hope

· GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,525 Posts
mike, you given' er' hell aint ya, first a blown motor, and now the tranny.... :thumbsup:

· SootCloudMaker3
5,432 Posts
Damn dude. That sucks. Hope ya get it fixed and keep on haulin......

· Some-Sho Some-Go
1,650 Posts
That sux a little to much FLEX in that there Flex Plate!

2021 DRW CCLB 4X4
5,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well , it went back in with no problems. I also believe that it had been cracked or broke for a few months too. I have been having a little vibration under HARD acceleration, i thought it was tires maybe . Well since the new flexplate has been in, the small vibration is gone. The truck seems to run alot smoother now when you jump on it. The raptor i put on at the same time may have helped too.

· Registered
726 Posts
I know how you're feeling Mike-been there-done that. I totally destroyed my stock flex plate with what's in my sig and that was driving empty. Replaced it with an ATS which is around 3 times heavier than the OEM.

· Northern CA Chapter President
3,301 Posts
i did the same to my stocker too. it also tore up the adapter plate a bit.

2021 DRW CCLB 4X4
5,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my plate was a little scratched and grooved, but not that bad. The rear seal groove looked fine. It wasnt knocked in or rough around the edge , so i didnt worry about it too much.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts