Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the dealer called me today and said my truck wasn't blowin oil outta the blow by it was a broke dipstick tube. wut causes that? anyone ever had it happen?

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
well the dealer called me today and said my truck wasn't blowin oil outta the blow by it was a broke dipstick tube. wut causes that? anyone ever had it happen?
It usually happens when someone bends it out of the way, when trying to do a valve adjustment, injector replacement, change the fuel filter, etc. What usually happens is that the bracket that holds the dip stick gets broken off, and the two spot welds that held the bracket on causes two holes in the tube.

Paul

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gotcha... so this would cause oil to spray out?? or more or less allow it

·
4,677 Posts
im on my 3rd one, I ended up welding the bracket real good to the tube. Its just spot welded on. I have a cfm and when i move it to the side it just puts pressure on the spot weld i guess

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
Depending on how low it broke it could cause you to lose oil but it should not spray. If it is it is likely because of high crankcase pressure

·
4,677 Posts
mine broke at the bracket and it let the dipstick tube kinda wiggle out of the hole. Not all the way out but loose enough to leak all over the driveway and the bottom of the truck.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i don't know if its sprayin. i was goin down the interstate and when i got home there was oil under the truck and a lil on the taigate

1 - 8 of 8 Posts