Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was doing EGR delete and when i was pulling the torx head screws off of the butterfly valve i broke both heads off... is this bad? should i worry, what does doing this do? thanks guys.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think from reading the other threads...that the guys were just drilling and tapping out new holes. Not a big deal from what I was reading.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
i broke mine when i did it to i just drilled them out shouldnt hurt anything just have to get new bolts if you ever want to put it back in

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what does taking them out do though?

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I had to drill them out because they broke off right at the head and i couldnt get the plate out and you dont have to worry about them working out and getting sucked in the motor

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Yeah unless you get that plate off the whole delete is useless. Drill them out and if you ever have to replace them just retap them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
is there anything that can be done to avoid breaking these things before we pull them off? reason I as Is I got the block off plates waiting to be put on this weekend and would like to keep the work minimal and avoid interuptions on the install
Thanks
Robert

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
use heat to break them loose. Something like a small torch or heat gun. Some come right out and others take a little work.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Would a good soaking of penetrating oil do the trick? Just wondering if those who have broken theirs used any?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts