Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Premium Member
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well #4 in 6 months how do you guy's keep a trans in, i hear people claiming to hold 1000Hp, i broke it same way going down the highway passing a car from 70mph. WTF i just added a few more mod's are the nv5600 any stronger.

· Registered
9,898 Posts
AHAHAHAHA!

That didnt take long at all!!!

The 5600 is slightly stronger, but they are even harder to find along with parts for them...

I dont blame the things though, you are putting over double its rated torque through it, its only going to last so long. Im sure the 5600 would be the same, its only rated slightly higher than the 4500

time for a slushbox maybe? :D

· Registered
4,185 Posts
my buddy finally broke his last year. some mods, fuel plate afc mods, nothing extreme, it broke at 306k and after a few summers of hauling cherries. wish i could tell you. i just know 3rd is weak.

· Premium Member
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AHAHAHAHA!

That didnt take long at all!!!

The 5600 is slightly stronger, but they are even harder to find along with parts for them...

I dont blame the things though, you are putting over double its rated torque through it, its only going to last so long. Im sure the 5600 would be the same, its only rated slightly higher than the 4500

time for a slushbox maybe? :D

i hope not, i havent dyno'd since all the new mod's but it's definetly maikng alot more power.

· CO President
2,621 Posts
Have you looked at Quad 4X4? I have never used their stuff, but I have heard great things about their shafts and such. We have been running 1200 HP through the one in the pull truck and it has been fine. Granted we only go 300 feet ten times a year, and I dont think the syncros would last with that kind of power.

· Premium Member
8,859 Posts
4th one holy crap dan your hard on stuff

· Registered
9,898 Posts
maybe time for a 10spd roadranger and some super high gears in the azz end?

· Premium Member
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yep, i'd like that but they wont let me run it in the class i run for sled pulling. i think i'll just have to back off of hi gear. and start working on my next project a 1/2ton drag truck with a CR and a auto.LOL

· Registered
9,898 Posts
haha, well short of a failure in the pressure plate id bet it would snap everything in the driveline before slipping a tripple disk!

Backing off the go-pedal might just be the chitty reality. Probably the only way you will keep it together

What kind of limitations do they have on transmissions in the class you are pulling?

I cant recall the details on that trans you just put in your truck, but didnt that thing already have the fully splined mainshaft to prevent 5th gear from spinning off the shaft?

Have you pulled the thing apart yet to see exactly what happened?

· Registered
9,898 Posts
well, that kind of limits your choices!

Maybe it is time to just try out an upgraded 5600 and hope for the best.

· GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,525 Posts
nv5600's are stronger, they came with the upgraded 1 3/8" shaft, you could go with a billet shaft, other than that, they are pretty strong... :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.