Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had lots of fun trying to get my KSB off to install my timing spacer, ended up breaking it at the rear bolt hole. the hunt for a new one begins any ideas?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
classifieds? Someone may be parting out an injection pump.

I'm starting to wonder if mine is working.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also i guess my KSB is hot wired from what i read...i hooked my shutdown solinoid to 12v power on a switch a few years ago and also added a pull cable(the only way to shut my truck off now), but i guess the KSB and SDS run off the same wire...so what does my KSB do if it always gets 12v?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Purepowerdiesel.com has the KSB listed for sale.

I dont know, but i've heard its hard on the pump to leave it hot-wired because it closes off the bleed port of the pump's internal pressure regulator and internal pressure increases.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im not sure if if it is? im still learning about all this KSB stuff, so with 12v to it thats "hot wired"? and that adds timing?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well you cant buy a new housing, just the whole KSB...$650 from a Bosch dealer and dodge and cummins both just sell the sensor, i guess wielding it back together is my only way out of this mess

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got it all back together and on a toggle switch, KSB on drops RPM about 400 at any throttle setting and the truck has a much rasp'er exhaust not...i couldnt get a good butt dyno reading since the roads are bad...sideways in 5th gear is no good in slush

1 - 8 of 8 Posts