Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if this has been brought up but have you guys noticed the breather tube from the engine running into the Intake tube just before the turbo? I think its a crank case breather but the darn thing spits oil just like the old 5.9's. My intake tube had oil in it ! Have any of you guys plugs this hole in the intake and ran the tube to the ground? I know I dont want it draining/exhausting into my intake just before the turbo any more. I just got my turbo and exhaust replaced yesterday and am just about to Put 5 different mods on this weekend. I would really like to add this one to it. Any help with what you have done. I know a plug and clamp will stop it up but what do you guys do with the oil and gas in the tube? guessing extending the tube to the axle would help. My 01 had a bottle it drained into but I would rather not have that.:popcorn:

·
Registered
393 Posts
yeah that is the breather tube and it has been mentioned and been taken off on another tread but i can't remember which one

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nobody else is concerned about the oil dripping into their intake and turbo ? Check your connection with the intake and the breather tube. There is oil that gets in there!! Cant be good for the turbo.

·
Registered
393 Posts
does it go into the intercooler tube? and were can you see it from, the top or the bottom of the truck?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
See it here:

I want to find out if it's positive or negative pressure, but haven't gotten around to it. It it blows out, then it doesn't need a filter, but if it sucks in, I know I've seen small filters at autozone that could fit in the tube.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
This small hose from the crankcase is being sucked on by the intake into the VGT. I have ran mine for quite some time now and it doesn't have much at all of blow to it as I thought it would. The crankcase has a filter on this that will need to be changed out around 68K is when I got the CEL on that.

The filter seems to keep the small vent tube free of most of the oil blow. At least on mine so far and I have a 107K on the clock now and mine stays clean where I drip it on top of the downpipe to be burned.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
This small hose from the crankcase is being sucked on by the intake into the VGT. I have ran mine for quite some time now and it doesn't have much at all of blow to it as I thought it would. The crankcase has a filter on this that will need to be changed out around 68K is when I got the CEL on that.

The filter seems to keep the small vent tube free of most of the oil blow. At least on mine so far and I have a 107K on the clock now and mine stays clean where I drip it on top of the downpipe to be burned.

Pics Please. :thumbsup

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its scary that it dumps in right there before the filter. I only have 44K on it and its spitting oil Im sure it began much sooner than monday when I caught it. I would not even wait to 20K to fix this. All I want it is air going into my turbo and intake not crank case gasses and oil spit and EGR BS. This stuff is getting fixed ASAP.

Jeb, what did you use to plug the hole into the intake? Its easy do it yourself just wondering what your thoughts were. I am heading to home depot tomorrow.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
He has a whole thread about that mod he did. Piped it to the exhaust side.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I looked on all his threads but I couldn't find anything on it. I would like to know what he plugged the intake hole with.

Hey Compcowboy, what is the Amsoil Bmk-11 Bypass on your signature?

·
5,059 Posts
It is a oil Bypass kit used to extend oil change intervals and improve filtration. Talk to Duluth Diesel or any of the other Amsoil dealers here. They can give you all the good technical info.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
He has a whole thread about that mod he did. Piped it to the exhaust side.
I looked at all his threads and can not find it.

Do you know where it is?

·
Premium Member
713 Posts

·
5,059 Posts
Nice work Avid

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
who would have thought to look under that title..........

Thanks AVID

1 - 16 of 16 Posts