Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Breaker 1-9, Breaker 1-9

1127 Views 14 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  DesertInferno
Can anyone suggest a model of CB to purchase? I'm not looking to break the bank I'm just looking for something economical and functional for my type of usage which will be for the occassional road trip.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
938 Posts
gotta go with the rest on this one. COBRA.

· Cowgirls are from Venus
1,754 Posts
I love my Cobra :) They're great little CBs. I have the nightwatch with an HG antenna. I wish I'd gone with a shorter one that mounts on the bed rail, though.

· Premium Member
912 Posts
Your best place to get one if your not sure what to get is Apollo Communications. They are on 43rd Ave and Northern. They have lots of radios and antennas to choose from. Just tell them what your looking for and they will hook you up. They also retune radios as well.

· "MR. ESAFO TO YOU!!"
5,850 Posts
UNIDEN - great equipment :thumbsup:

· Registered
229 Posts
I have the Cobra 25, also. It has all the controls that you ACTUALLY need & it's physically smaller than the big units.

Appolo Communications installed a Wilson 1000 antenna in the center of the roof on my truck. This gives you a better ground plane & makes the radio less directional. The Wilson works better than the A&E antenna I had hooked up to the same radio in another truck. I could tell the difference. The Wilson 1000 is a good antenna!!! You do not need the 5000, either, unless you run a huge amount of power from your radio. Apollo will "tweek" your radio if you buy it from them. It's included in the price.

A lot of people don't like CB's, anymore but, I find them very handy on cross-country trips on the freeways. Would not want to give mine up!!!

Joe F.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.