Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought brand new projector lights with halos and leds and everything , the whole headlight. I installed them and the parking lights are fine and bright, and so are the leds/halos. But my headlights are so dim I literally cannot see anything, I have to turn my brights on and those are only as bright as normal headlights, if not even dimmer than normal ...
Its a 99 2500 ram, and the headlights are brand new just put them on 2 days ago, anyone have any idea why this is??

·
Registered
46 Posts
haha I had the same problem with my 01. My "brights" indicator was always on so I coulnd't use my fog lights and the head lights were dim as hell. matter of fact I would just drive around with my park lights and fogs only because my fogs were brighter than the headlights. I contacted the company I got them from and they said "Well sorry you were supposed to take it to a certified mechanic to be installed but you did it yourself so you must have messed something up". I just took them off after a while and went with something else, took the LEDs out of them and put them into the other lights I got. If you find a remedy for it I would love to know it still makes me mad and that was like 5 years ago lol

·
Registered
311 Posts
the lights you bought are meant for HIDs, thats the issue your having. reflector housings are for the conventional hologen, which is what your running in your projectors

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.