Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Vendor
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone!

You may or may not recognize the name Mishimoto so we would like to take the time to introduce ourselves to the community along with some brand new products we have on the way specifically for Dodge trucks. We are very pleased to be a supporting manufacturer of this wonderful community and look forward to providing our services to the members here.

Mishimoto manufactures performance cooling products to help your car or truck perform at its best in any form of motorsport or street driving. Our current line of products covers sport compact, powersports and domestic vehicles. Our attentions were recently diverted by Diesel trucks and the incredible power potential they have in both stock and modified form. We noticed a lack of quality performance cooling components available, so began the development of our new product line for diesel trucks.

Our headquarters is located in New Castle Delaware which is where our engineers spent months researching, developing, test fitting, and collecting data to create the absolute best products to help you take your truck to the next level. Despite the differences between our sport compact customers and the diesel world one thing remains the same and this is the enthusiasm and passion for your vehicles. Whatever you drive or ride Mishimoto wants to be a part of your experience and provide a high quality efficient cooling solution so you can enjoy your vehicle to the fullest.

Now let’s get to the goods! We have a full product line on the way for the Dodge Cummins including the following:

• Performance Intercoolers
• Intercooler Pipe & Boot Kits with DuraCore™ Technology
• Intercooler Kits
• Factory-Fit Boot Kits with DuraCore™ Technology
• Aluminum Radiators
• Silicone Coolant Hose Kits

All of these products will be available by the end of this month so we figured we would take the time to provide some insight on what makes our products perfect for your Cummins.

Without further ado I introduce the Mishimoto Dodge 5.9/6.7L Intercooler for 2003-2009 trucks.

All of our diesel intercoolers are powdercoated in either black or silver! This provides a durable coating that looks great and is resistant to damage from road debris.

And some behind the scenes shots here in our testing facility! All of our products are designed and engineered in our state of the art facility located in New Castle, Delaware

Pictures only offer so much information so check out the features of this brand new intercooler:

• Durable cast aluminum end tanks
• 100% Direct bolt in design
• Dense bar & plate core
• 3.5” Intercooler inlet and outlet for increased flow over factory 3”
• Includes Mishimoto silicone boots with DuraCore™ technology
• Includes Mishimoto constant tension T-bolt clamps
• Improved pressure tolerance
• Lower EGTs
• Decreased intake temperatures
• 31.5% Thicker core
• 30.1% Increased internal volume

We feel that when purchasing a product such as this, consumers deserve accurate and real-world data that they can rely on and trust. Our engineers constructed a report detailing our data collection process and testing. Check it out below!

This is only the start of the awesome line of diesel products you can expect from Mishimoto. I would like to open the floor to comments, suggestions or questions from the community! Our company is driven by the feedback we get from enthusiasts communities so we would love to hear what you have to say.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,543 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Were are these made? what is the price tag on one of these?

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
We are local to Mishimoto and the engineers used our trucks, as well as our local customers, for development. I can vouch for the quality and a ton of engineering time spent testing on our dyno, as well as theirs. We actually have the development intercoolers on our 06 Dodge, 04 Ford 6.0(100+psi of boost), and 10 Ford 6.4L(60+psi). :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,076 Posts
Welcome guys!

They actually used my dually to take measurements and fitments for the Dodge CAC's.

These are a great bunch of guys to work with!

Still looking for mine to show up hint hint :w:

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Welcome guys!

They actually used my dually to take measurements and fitments for the Dodge CAC's.

These are a great bunch of guys to work with!

Still looking for mine to show up hint hint :w:
Probably are. And I do not doubt it. But dodging a simple question as to where they are manufactured is not a good start.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: jlmaster

·
Vendor
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Where are the parts manufactured

Were are these made? what is the price tag on one of these?
Probably are. And I do not doubt it. But dodging a simple question as to where they are manufactured is not a good start.

Hi Guys,

Innovative Diesel & Dodge74 had posted independently as they have had first hand experience with the product and our brand. I don't think we were dodging any question, as we had not had the chance to reply after our initial post. :) With that said, and to answer your question, our products are manufactured in a variety of facilities. Mishimoto is a global provider with offices in Delaware, Los Angeles, Birmingham United Kingdom and Shanghai, China. All products are designed, engineered and tested in New Castle, Delaware at our corporate headquarters using state of the art machinery (CMM arms, AWD Dyno, Rapid Prototyping, etc.). The manufacturing location depends on the product we are manufacturing. For example, all of our intercooler pipes for diesel trucks are made in Los Angeles. Our stamped aluminum brackets come from Texas. The intercooler referenced in this post is in fact made in China, under strict control of our American operated Shanghai branch. We try to make as many parts in the States as possible, where feasible. With that said, much like Samsung or Apple (or 95% of the parts in your truck), it comes down to the engineering behind the part and the quality control of the manufacturing. With a lifetime warranty on every part we manufacture, it is safe to say our parts are of the highest quality.

I'm going to post some pictures of our facility later to give you an idea of our engineering processes.

I hope this helps to answer your question.

·
Supporting Vendors
9,585 Posts
For those of us that vend products, where will your product be warehoused? The trouble with some of the Chinese product is the ship cost, they have started to become successful in ripping off our ideas and almost duplicating our quality, but now the new thing is trying to have us pay the postage from China.

·
Vendor
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For those of us that vend products, where will your product be warehoused? The trouble with some of the Chinese product is the ship cost, they have started to become successful in ripping off our ideas and almost duplicating our quality, but now the new thing is trying to have us pay the postage from China.
Great question! Our products are warehoused in Los Angeles. I will be sending you a PM regarding vendor/sales information if you are interested. :)

Thanks

·
World Champs!!!
24,256 Posts
Damn dude, chill. No one had dodged any question at the time of your post, and clearly gave an answer.

Why does it matter if its a quality product........
I agree. It doesn't.

That thing looks like one hell of a nice piece. I've been looking at cooler options lately (stock and near triple digits boost? I dunno if I want to chance it) and this may have just made it to the front of the line

·
World Champs!!!
24,256 Posts
One question, in the AIT intake temp graph, what's with all the squiggly lines? I wouldn't think temps would vary that much so quick, I would have expected a smoother line.

But I'm no engineer.

·
Supporting Vendors
9,585 Posts
Another question I have is do you guys consider yourselves a retailer, or a manufacturer? The lines seem to be getting crossed with a lot of the Chinese companies, they have no problem selling direct for near wholesale pricing.

·
Vendor
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That thing looks like one hell of a nice piece. I've been looking at cooler options lately (stock and near triple digits boost? I dunno if I want to chance it) and this may have just made it to the front of the line
Great!

One question, in the AIT intake temp graph, what's with all the squiggly lines? I wouldn't think temps would vary that much so quick, I would have expected a smoother line.

But I'm no engineer.
Thanks for the inquiry! I spoke with one of our engineers and he provided me this explanation.

"The data that you see plotted is actual raw data pulled from the data logger. We did not create an average line from the raw data. AIT sensors have the ability to read such a large range of temperatures and the accuracy/tolerance is 1.8 degrees for our system. Because of this you will see the graph deviate between degrees quite rapidly, if the actual temperature is between those numbers. Taking a line straight down the average of these deviations will provide your mean AIT which is the best form of comparison."

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Another question I have is do you guys consider yourselves a retailer, or a manufacturer? The lines seem to be getting crossed with a lot of the Chinese companies, they have no problem selling direct for near wholesale pricing.
We design, engineer, and manufacture our products!

Used to run a tranny cooler of yalls on the built tranny in a 12 sec 4.6 mustang I used to have and knew guys that ran your radiators and other items. No complaints

Awesome! Great to hear you had success with our transmission cooler. Sending you a PM for more information about the Mustang!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Im local to yalls do you rent out the dyno for runs?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 33 Posts